2018 crosstrek limited navigation vs. apple car play maps - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #1

Default 2018 crosstrek limited navigation vs. apple car play maps

Hi all,

I was at the dealership yesterday and agreed to terms on a 2018 crosstrek limited. I remember the salesman mentioning that it had navigation (as requested). Looking at the paperwork now, I see that package 22 (eye-sight, lane departure warning, reverse automatic braking, and high beam assist) is included. It does not mention anything about navigation. I checked online and there is a second package that specifically mentions starlink navigation + all the other features i listed above for an extra $1500

My questions are; all limited models come with an 8in display correct? and how is apple car play maps for navigation? how does it compare to the starlink navigation? is it worth spending the extra $1500 for it? Does the car radio works while using apple car play maps? any input helps

thank you for your help!

hansenh527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #2

All limited models Include Navigation

The top model is called
Crosstrek Limited with EyeSight

Key Features

Proximity key with push button start
EyeSight®️ Driving Assist System with High Beam Assist and Reverse Automatic Braking
Steering responsive LED headlights
Leather seating surfaces with orange stitching
8-inch Infotainment System with NAV, SiriusXM™️ Traffic, STARLINK™️ & high-resolution multi-gesture touch-screen display

The additional TomTom Satellite navigation will work when you are beyond cell phone coverage.

I got the dimming mirrors a very pricey upgrade but they are nice and realy complement the ride.
Subaruplatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:55 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Limited w/Eyesight

I got a Crosstrek Limited and opted not to get the navigation. I got option package 22. Same as you mentioned. I haven't even had this car 2 weeks, but have used Apple Car Play for navigation about 8 times. Because I haven't used the Starlink navigation, I cannot compare. I have had a few glitchy moments using Apple Car Play maps but not a deal breaker. I haven't thought, "Wow, really wish I paid for navigation" Yeah, no.
Display is 8". Car radio works while using Car Play.
Again, Car Play doesn't work perfectly all the time in my experience. This may be a deal breaker for you, but doesn't bother me.
kimlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote