Any advice for trading my 2013 Crosstrek for a new one? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #1

Default Any advice for trading my 2013 Crosstrek for a new one?

My 2013 Premium (no sunroof) needs work and three mechanics aren't totally sure what's wrong. Both axles went bad over the last year. I had them replaced with aftermarket axles and maybe that is what's causing the vibration/wobble at certain speeds/accelerations.

After 3 mechanics with no solid answers, I'm back at the dealership. They recommend three separate things - replace transmission mount, replace axles, and something else.

They recommended starting with the transmission mount. While it was being replaced, a salesman found me and asked if I'd considered trading. At 90k miles, he said it was a good time to trade before it goes over 100k.

I test drove a new Crosstrek with EyeSight and was very impressed with the quieter, smoother ride and the adaptive cruise.

They offered me 10k for my trade-in. It's very tempting.

Any advice?

I plan to ask around to some other dealers to see if anyone offers to beat their price. I'd probably pay at least 5k down.

Any other advice?

ergalthema is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2018, 11:53 PM   #2

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek XV 2013 Grey

There is a very common trend with the front axel giving way. I've had to have mine replaced twice in less than 60K. I've complained to NHTSA for a recall with no response. Honestly, prob a good idea to trade in, but 10K seems a bit under blue book.
pinballw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:43 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Crosstrek, Sunshine Orange

If you had that many issues with only 90,000 miles, I wouldn't buy another Subaru. I have an 18 Crosstrek, and hopefully I don't have those issues. I had an Acura TL for nine years, and started having minor issues after 155,000 miles. Might get a used GS 350 Lexus AWD, since I need AWD, and I like cars better.
jmen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2018, 04:04 AM   #4

Having unknown issues that could be
$$$ to fix? And they’re GIVING you 10K for, essentially, a 6 year old car? KBB values are inflated at best and anyone else will low ball given issues you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
Having unknown issues that could be
$$$ to fix? And they’re GIVING you 10K for, essentially, a 6 year old car? KBB values are inflated at best and anyone else will low ball given issues you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ended up calling it $11k on the trade. I think it was a good move.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ergalthema is offline   Reply With Quote