Can you disable Nav and use Android Auto? - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #11

Turns out that it was the cable. Many USB cables will charge but don't transmit data. Works well with the OEM white cable. I'm surprised that this doesn't work through Bluetooth.

Thanks for everyone's input. I wouldn't have solved this without the forum as the dealer said it couldn't be done. I even took it back to show it being greyed-out and they were no help.

puddleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #12

Thanks for the response Derek. I went to 2 different dealers and neither knew much about the system. Seems to fall between Service and Sales. Working well with the new cord now. Much better than the Nav system.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_lepage View Post
Make sure you try and update the head unit with the wifi connection from your house. It seems to make a big difference with auto/car play functionality. I'm not sure if links will work for me but search for "crosstrek head unit update" in youtube and Rick Hutton puts a good tutorial of how to do it.
link here:

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion JP. I've followed your advice and now have it connected to wifi to check for updates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #14

Get the absolute best USB cable you can.
I just got the Belkin Kevlar USB to Apple lighting connector and I swear it connects faster.

Any how as your cable is on it’s way out the unit will take longer to connect.

Also don’t let the cable touch the car floor in the winter, as the road salt will instantly zap the fine traces and the gold lines will go black. The cable will die.
Subaruplatt is offline   Reply With Quote