Hello From Fontana California. - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #1

Default Hello From Fontana California.

Hey All!!
Im the new guy,
The name is Chad
2017 subaru crosstrek bone stock so far.
Looking into building an overland sort of rig.
look forward to talking with you guys.
Chad

TheChadsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 05 STi

Welcome
stupidchicken03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Welcome to the club!

Overland rig, huh? What kind of off-road capability are you aiming for with your Subaru?
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
Welcome
Thank you thank you!!
Old 08-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
Welcome to the club!

Overland rig, huh? What kind of off-road capability are you aiming for with your Subaru?
I would love to be able to get this thing offroad for a few days. maybe some medium trails. nothing to crazy of course. i wont be going rock crawling with it lol just want to be able to hit some trails less traveled and camp out some camps less occupied without having to worry about thrashing a vehicle im still making payments on
Old 08-22-2017, 02:28 AM   #6
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChadsk View Post
I would love to be able to get this thing offroad for a few days. maybe some medium trails. nothing to crazy of course. i wont be going rock crawling with it lol just want to be able to hit some trails less traveled and camp out some camps less occupied without having to worry about thrashing a vehicle im still making payments on
If that's the case, a slight lift or even stock may do just fine.

If you get a little too adventurous, you may want to take a look at fellow-moderator's build, RallyeBourne's Subaru to see what additional capability he managed to get out of his by doing some significant things like cutting the front bumper. Although the XV does have tied best-in-class ground clearance in the subcompact crossover category, its approach angle is its biggest weakness.

Of course, if medium trails are your goal, skid plates should be installed before attempting, unless you've got the experience and confidence to take them on without protection.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
If that's the case, a slight lift or even stock may do just fine.

If you get a little too adventurous, you may want to take a look at fellow-moderator's build, RallyeBourne's Subaru to see what additional capability he managed to get out of his by doing some significant things like cutting the front bumper. Although the XV does have tied best-in-class ground clearance in the subcompact crossover category, its approach angle is its biggest weakness.

Of course, if medium trails are your goal, skid plates should be installed before attempting, unless you've got the experience and confidence to take them on without protection.
Im going to go with a 2 inch spring and spacer. Already ordered it just waiting on backorder/shipping
And as for trimming i like the idea but i think im going to try out leadfoot offroads "attack bumpers" they are high clearance and provide a impressive approach angle. At least from what ive seen from videos and im looking into skid plates. Looks like everyone goes with primitive. not sure about any other brands. i was looking for something a little thicker. if i cant find anyone who makes one i will just have someone fab up something i suppose. Although i will be creeping on members from time to time to see how they pack out there rigs lol Stay learning. Thats the key!!