Hello from LA - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #1

Default Hello from LA

Hey All,

Just moved down to the Los Angeles area from the PNW and decided after seeing so many of them in Seattle that the Crosstrek will be my weapon of choice now that I need to own a car.

Haven't yet bought one yet since inventory down here is pretty tight for the Orange Premium CVT, but I'm very much looking forward to joining the Subaru family!

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 02:30 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Welcome to the club!

If you're new to the brand, I highly recommend you check out the "New to Subaru" thread as well as the break-in procedures since you plan to have a new Subaru vehicle.

That's strange to me, choosing to join the Subaru family after moving to an area with arguably better weather. Any off-pavement adventures in mind yet?
Old 08-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Hey All,

Just moved down to the Los Angeles area from the PNW and decided after seeing so many of them in Seattle that the Crosstrek will be my weapon of choice now that I need to own a car.

Haven't yet bought one yet since inventory down here is pretty tight for the Orange Premium CVT, but I'm very much looking forward to joining the Subaru family!

Welcome! Check to see if Costco still has their Subaru buying program - it saved us a bunch of money just having a Costco card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fryingmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #4

Thanks for the buying suggestions. I'll give it a look.

I'd say definitely better weather :-) That said, I do intend to take the car into the mountains for some ski trips, but I'm sure I won't have nearly as many opportunities to work out the AWD as I would have in Seattle.

Also, if there are any SoCal area Ambassadors, I'd love to come and steal one of your coupons :-)
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 05 STi

Welcome!

And yes, Costco does work with Subaru for buying. Not every dealer works with them, but id assume there would have to be one close.
stupidchicken03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #6

My Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium Desert Khaki

I used the Costco program last autumn when we bought our 2016 Crosstrek. No, not every dealer participates and certain models were excluded (like no WRX or Forester Touring) but all the Crosstreks were being offered at "$200 Over Invoice".
MN Moose is offline   Reply With Quote