Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Newbie RWBY, glad to meet you all!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AWDfreak 
#1 ·
Bought my 2014 Limited in Feb. 2014, venetian red, CVT and some other niceties...it's my first Subaru. Have to say this is the best vehicle I've ever owned...and I've owned many cars and trucks since my first car in the 70's, a 64 Ford Falcon Station Wagon. Joined you all to share info on the good and bad and how to make it all better! Thanks for having me! :D

#2 ·
Welcome to the club!

Although you've had your Subaru for a few years now, just in case you haven't been caught up on the maintenance specific to Subaru's vehicles, I highly recommend you check out the "New to Subaru" thread.

What makes it the best vehicle you've ever owned? The on and off-road versatility combined with respectable fuel economy?

Also, where did your username originate from? Just the color of your Subie, and/or perhaps that animated series by Rooster Teeth?

#3 ·
Rooster Teeth indeed! And yes, our XV's name is Ruby so I borrowed my handle from one of my favorite new anime series and the name of my vehicle. Thanks for the tip, I'll navigate over to the new to subaru link and have a look. Where to start with my affection for this car...Yes, very good mileage, yes, very fun in the dirt/snow/gravel/mud and even twisty country roads. So, yeah it's really fun to drive. Speed demon? Nope, but I like to think it's a momentum car, you get it going and it handles like a dream. (STi cross bracing helps;)) OK, so aside from this, it's safe, comfortable, holds all the stuff I can haul off on vacations and it looks great doing it! For me, it's the total package. Thanks for asking!

#5 ·
Rooster Teeth indeed! And yes, our XV's name is Ruby so I borrowed my handle from one of my favorite new anime series and the name of my vehicle. Thanks for the tip, I'll navigate over to the new to subaru link and have a look. Where to start with my affection for this car...Yes, very good mileage, yes, very fun in the dirt/snow/gravel/mud and even twisty country roads. So, yeah it's really fun to drive. Speed demon? Nope, but I like to think it's a momentum car, you get it going and it handles like a dream. (STi cross bracing helps;)) OK, so aside from this, it's safe, comfortable, holds all the stuff I can haul off on vacations and it looks great doing it! For me, it's the total package. Thanks for asking!
FYI, I did make an anime thread in the off-topic section, I'd appreciate it if more would chime in on that thread. :)

Couldn't have said it any better! I myself have some chassis bracing, almost have the entire Cusco catalog of chassis bracing on my XV. I too take mine off-road and hit up the twisty stuff. Total package it is, and it's great that the Impreza-platform it is based on makes for handling modifications very easy to find considering its huge aftermarket support relative to other crossovers for chassis and brake upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.