Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Old member, new Crosstrek

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AWDfreak 
#1 ·
Hello gang, I haven't posted in a while, but while having my 2016 Crosstrek serviced a couple days ago, I decided to take the 2018 for a test drive and was really impressed. Kind of amazed, in fact, that a completely revamped and much-improved vehicle is being sold at prices, trim for trim, that aren't much more than what I paid for the 2016 version. The reviews I'd seen of the 2018 were very positive, and after 15 minutes behind the wheel I understood why. The car drives and handles nimbly, acceleration is fractionally better but much smoother, the ride is blissfully quiet, the cabin is roomier, the seats are more comfy, the interior overall is far more appealing, and the electronic gadgetry is superior. I knew I'd be subjected to a sales pitch after the test drive, and I tried my best to play it cool, insisting I was more curious than serious about trading in my faithful 2016. A series of offers was made, each more favorable to me than the last. In the end they offered $2650 off MSRP, full KBB value for my 2016, and three years of servicing for the 2018 for free -- and I couldn't say no. So now I have a dark grey 2018 Limited with Eyesight and premium audio and a ton of features I am just beginning to learn about. There was nothing wrong with my 2016, and I felt like I was saying goodbye to a friend. But I'm thrilled with the new car. I guess there is always a risk in buying a vehicle right after a major overhaul. There could be issues that crop up that get fixed in next year's model. But oh well. The car drives like a dream and I'm having fun with it. Cheers to the old gang.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.