Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

On order in NH

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  AWDfreak 
#1 ·
I ordered an 18 Crosstrek Limited in NH on July 12th and they were able to get the car secured July 18th on Subaru's ordering/inventory site. Has arrived at the port last week about Aug 2nd - and anticipate delivery to me in just a few days. Loaded with all option about $33k retail - and I was about $29,800 for pricing and that was similar price at 3 dealers.

#2 ·
Is this going to be your first Subaru? If it is, please read the "New to Subaru" thread as well as the break-in procedures once you take delivery of your new Subaru vehicle.

What specifically made you get this new 3rd generation Subaru XV Crosstrek, and why the Crosstrek over the plentiful competition of subcompact crossovers?

#3 ·
I had one of the original Outbacks years ago - loved it but we leased it. More recently bought a 2010 Outback used and now that is going into my 16 y/o daughters hands as she is now licensed. I like Subaru's and have always had AWD vehicles - I currently have a Yukon Denali AWD - in past a BMW335XI AWD, Mercury Mountaineer AWD. Test drove a 17 Crosstrek - liked it - but for essentially same $ I want the newly redesigned Crosstrek and like the many improvements - especially safety features. I will likely hand off the Crosstrek to my daughter in 2+ years when she heads to College - knowing she will be driving a safe vehicle.

#9 ·
That 3rd gen XV has a slightly-sleeker profile. Congrats on the purchase!

I had a 1st gen Outback as my first vehicle and my first Subaru. I loved that 2.5L DOHC engine so much (I especially loved revving it up to redline with the 5MT), that when I found out Subaru would eventually make the DOHC valvetrain standard across the entire lineup, I decided to downsize two size classes as I felt an Outback was overkill in size for my needs. The FB20 engine in the XV reminds me of a smaller version of that EJ25D engine in my first Outback.

Hopefully your new Crosstrek will live up to the same standard your two previous Subies were.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.