Default Thinking of a CorssTrek

Looking to get a 2018 Crosstrek! Tell me why I should or shouldn't. Thanks

Negan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #2

My Vehicle: '18 Crosstrek Premium, VRP

Hi and welcome !

I see you list a '15 Wrangler as your vehicle. I can say from experience, I traded a '16 Wrangler for the Subie Crosstrek. Worlds different obviously. If serious off roading is your thing, then there are options with the Crosstrek. I grew tired of the trail rides in my modded Jeep, but I still wanted some ability for light off road use.

As for the car itself, it's great. Far more comfortable. Easier to get in and out of - important for me. Better gas mileage. Better safety features / tech. I've only had my Crosstrek for a few weeks, but don't miss the Jeep. That's how good a change it is for me.
usemygoodeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #3

Why? As mentioned above,great safety and tech on higher spec treks.

Why not? Not very powerful, so plan overtakes, entry onto freeway. BTW I will say I think it gets along nicely, but there are times it seems to be gasping.

Jeff
gbjbany is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2018, 04:32 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2015 Jeep Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by usemygoodeye View Post
Hi and welcome !

I see you list a '15 Wrangler as your vehicle. I can say from experience, I traded a '16 Wrangler for the Subie Crosstrek. Worlds different obviously. If serious off roading is your thing, then there are options with the Crosstrek. I grew tired of the trail rides in my modded Jeep, but I still wanted some ability for light off road use.

As for the car itself, it's great. Far more comfortable. Easier to get in and out of - important for me. Better gas mileage. Better safety features / tech. I've only had my Crosstrek for a few weeks, but don't miss the Jeep. That's how good a change it is for me.
I love my Wrangler and will never get rid of it. I'm looking at the Crosstrek as a commuter for my job since I travel up and down the great state of California ( Sarcastically spoken). I had a Jeep Renegade but It is in the process of being turned back in under the lemon law. I need a hatch/ CUV to carry my crap, to deal with roads and foul weather conditions and good on gas. Thanks for taking the time to answer my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjbany View Post
Why? As mentioned above,great safety and tech on higher spec treks.

Why not? Not very powerful, so plan overtakes, entry onto freeway. BTW I will say I think it gets along nicely, but there are times it seems to be gasping.

Jeff
Jeff, does using manual with the paddle shifters help with the power lag?
Old 01-14-2018, 04:24 AM   #5

It might, I haven't tried, only had the car a week. On the 18 the changed the gearing, so it takes off nicely.
gbjbany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

The Subaru XV Crosstrek can do pretty much 80% of what Jeep Renegade Trailhawk can do, but with the reliability of the Subaru brand. It also has better interior room, cargo room, and less rollover-prone than the Renegade.

If you want the best fuel efficiency, get the Lineartronic CVT. The manual transmissions are quite fun, but they can't match the efficiency of a continuously-variable transmission.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbjbany View Post
It might, I haven't tried, only had the car a week. On the 18 the changed the gearing, so it takes off nicely.
Thats good to know! What where your issues with your Renegade?
Old 01-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
The Subaru XV Crosstrek can do pretty much 80% of what Jeep Renegade Trailhawk can do, but with the reliability of the Subaru brand. It also has better interior room, cargo room, and less rollover-prone than the Renegade.

If you want the best fuel efficiency, get the Lineartronic CVT. The manual transmissions are quite fun, but they can't match the efficiency of a continuously-variable transmission.
I want to get the Limited so I will get the CVT..... I wish I could get the manual