Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Subiefest: Sunday Oct. 15, 2017 in Santa Anita Park, CA

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Rallymaster 
#1 ·

With a bit more notice Sarah, Roxy, and I are planning to attend the

Subiefest Event on Sunday October 15, 2017 at the Santa Anita Park, 285 W Huntington Dr, Arcadia, California 91007

We hope to make a camping weekend of the trip, explore a bit of nature, finally bring Sigourney to the event.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#13 ·
Greetings from Down Under! Looking forward to seeing some photos of your event. Hope it went well with lots of XVs and their proud owners present!

Got my new car last week, she's a beautiful pearl blue 2018 2.0iS version with tinted windows, trailer hitch and mats. Lots of inbuilt technology to read about and play with, LOL. Best wishes to all.

#15 · (Edited)
re your Subiefest photos

Hi AWDfreak, Thanks for uploading the photos from Subiefest. I look forward to your videos of the event.
FYI, last year I navigated in an ex-Possum Bourne Motorsport WRX at the first round of our State Championship here in Victoria, Australia, finishing 2nd o/r and winning one of the Special Stages (first time for me and the driver). What a hoot - a blind rally with a roadbook, no recce/prac prior, a bit foggy early on and a max recorded speed of 225 kph (=140mph) on slippery gravel with some slight rain!!! (1) 2016 VRC1 Eildon Stages - SS6 flat out (up to 225 kph):https://vimeo.com/159791143; (2) 2016 VRC1 Eildon Stages - SS7 stage win: https://vimeo.com/159783742. Enjoy!:) I don't expect to be doing the same in my new XV, though! Cheers!

#17 ·
reply about Subaru rally car and AWDfreak's Subiefest video

Hi AWDfreak! Yes, they built the car. It was an awesome machine to ride in, especially with such a talented driver. I have filled in for his normal co-drivers on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately, the car is no more having been involved in a massive shunt - leaving the road at 180+ on a Br over a crest will do that, unfortunately. Fortunately I wasn't aboard on that ill-fated ride. Luckily Viv has a spare shell to rebuild it. The car's cage was quite intact afterwards but it will be completely replaced just in case of internal stress damage and all of the good gear will be transferred into the new shell. Meanwhile I am have a couple of other rides, unfortunately not Subarus, LOL. I'm looking forward to tackling some gravel roads (at somewhat lower speeds than in the videos) on Friday near home in my new XV! I hope to take some photos of my new XV beauty on these roads and I will upload them shortly.

re my post: I was disappointed that the first stage I uploaded did not seem to work properly. Were you able to view it, even by c&p to another web page?

Thanks for uploading your video of Subiefest. Lots of different ones, even an old style DL wagon (like mine which I bought new in 1985), great to see!

Cheers! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.