The_blonde_one's orange beast - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #1

My Vehicle: Orange 2015 crosstrek
Default The_blonde_one's orange beast

My 2015 crosstrek. The light bar and lights were the first customization. Then the orange subie Emblem followed by the Subaru strip on the sides. The rims were just recently painted. I wonder what's next. There's so many people in my area that have orange ones hence all the customizing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170408_113223.jpg (192.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1491804388877.jpg (99.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 20170314_073318.jpg (133.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg bf1bb96d2a73fbbc7050013be627e4fb.jpg (155.6 KB, 64 views)

The_blonde_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2015 Crosstrek Limited, 2016 Crosstrek Sport. Both with Eyesight.

Welcome to the forum. Rigs looking good.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #3

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Are those all driving pattern lights? Or is it the traditional outer fogs, inner driving?
Old 04-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #5

I usually use them in bad weather. But the outer ones are 55w and the inner ones are 100w. In not sure if that's what you mean by outer fog and inner driving.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Site Team

I'm referencing the light pattern. I'm surprised you purchased high output lights without checking the light patterns that would most suit your needs. Here's a basic guide:

spot and/or flood: very wide beam
fog: wide and low-aimed beam
driving: narrow long-range beam
pencil: very narrow, very long-range beam
Old 04-11-2017, 05:17 AM   #7

My neighbor has a jeep he uses off roading quit a bit and he suggested the hella lights for me. But the way we have them set up I guess it falls into the fog pattern. Angled at the road and stuff.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:29 AM   #8
Site Team

Welcome!

Honestly, if someone just told me that they painted the machined portion of the wheels to match the paint of their Crosstrek, I'd probably cringe. BUT, actually seeing it, it looks GOOD! I don't know that any other color could pull it off, except maybe the DGM. In my silver, you'd never know the difference, lol. But the orange really pops and matches well. Did you have them painted at a shop?

The beam pattern AWDF is talking about is built into the light housings themselves, not necessarily how you physically aim them. If you ordered them online, you could probably look back at your invoice and find out. You just don't want improper beam patterns as that could actually impede your ability to see in certain conditions. However, the covers lead me to believe that you are actually responsible with your lighting and don't have them installed just to look cool, like some do.

Exhibit A:

I'm just so thankful he had that lightbar on in the middle of the day. It was just so dark with that pesky sun shining and all. Haha.

My lighting can turn night into day, but they aren't illuminated on the street, unless I'm trying to get your attention, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RallyeBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeBourne View Post
Welcome!

Honestly, if someone just told me that they painted the machined portion of the wheels to match the paint of their Crosstrek, I'd probably cringe. BUT, actually seeing it, it looks GOOD! I don't know that any other color could pull it off, except maybe the DGM. In my silver, you'd never know the difference, lol. But the orange really pops and matches well. Did you have them painted at a shop?

The beam pattern AWDF is talking about is built into the light housings themselves, not necessarily how you physically aim them. If you ordered them online, you could probably look back at your invoice and find out. You just don't want improper beam patterns as that could actually impede your ability to see in certain conditions. However, the covers lead me to believe that you are actually responsible with your lighting and don't have them installed just to look cool, like some do.

Exhibit A:

I'm just so thankful he had that lightbar on in the middle of the day. It was just so dark with that pesky sun shining and all. Haha.

My lighting can turn night into day, but they aren't illuminated on the street, unless I'm trying to get your attention, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually wanted to get then powder coated but I went the cheeper route. They were painted at a local shop, but I have what was left of the paint to do touch ups. Next I want to get the calipers painted. I'm thinking black though, itl make the wheels stand out even with the rally mud flaps to. I keep finding more ideas on pintrest.

Ohh ok, that's what he ment. I just looked it up and it says driving beam.

That's too funny maybe he didn't have enough light to see haha.

Mine are like that too, but I dislike how people flash me when its bad weather and I have them on you know? I always have my fog lights on so you'd think they'd notice the low beams along with it. But oh well.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:55 AM   #10
Site Team

I get flashed with my low beams on too, so you aren't the only one!