Any anime watchers? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default Any anime watchers?

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I can sometimes be very addicted to watching anime.

Now, I'm no harem/ecchi fan or anything like that, but I tend to prefer anime that have very moving plots or great action/comedy.

Some of my favorite anime include (but not limited to) Gintama, Mobile Suit Gundam 8th MS Team, Initial D (DUH!), Wangan Midnight, Code Geass, and many more...

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #2

My Vehicle: Crosstrek Limited Pearl White
Default Re: Any anime watchers?

If its on Netflix I've probably seen it. Most recently I watched the full metal alchemist series because I was home sick.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Silver

Google touch anime. It's an anime site that allows you to watch on your desktop, iphone or ipad. There got 64 different shows and 8 movies.
spyder720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

I definitely don't follow any shows, or even seek them out, but (not sure if they still have it) back a few years ago I would catch some Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim and I enjoyed it. I have never really "gotten into" anime much, though.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #5

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof

DBZ is probably my favorite. Anything dealing with the gundam universe is good too. Other stuff I'll watch if its on such as Bleach.

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #6
Site Team

Thread revival!

This season of anime is interesting, but still doesn't match the Spring 2016 season of anime.

Anyone keeping up with the new stuff?
Old 08-06-2017, 11:05 PM   #7

A buddy and I are rewatching initial d. Such a good anime. Always have loved trigun and Bebop.
Subarust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarust View Post
A buddy and I are rewatching initial d. Such a good anime. Always have loved trigun and Bebop.
All six seasons plus the two Battle Stages? Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are excellent classics that I too very much like.

I've been following some of this season's anime (Summer 2017)

AHO-GIRL / アホガール
Just a dumb anime, literally. Dumb lead heroine, just a good one for a quick break at work to kill time, as it is a miniseries.

Hajimete no Gal / My First Girlfriend is a Gal / はじめてのギャル
Another dumb anime, but moreso the premise is dumb. It might not be too much to call it trash, but I'm still watching it. The obsessive best friend of the lead heroine has me interested, but otherwise does not seem promising.

Tsuredure Children / 徒然チルドレン
Plot of each set of characters goes faster than your typical anime romcom. Lacks depth since it is paced a bit fast (it's a miniseries), but refreshing to watch compared to the snail's pace romance plotlines of many other anime (I'm looking at you, shojo/josei works!)

GAMERS! / ゲーマーズ!
Nothing much new here, though unlike most anime involving a club, the protagonist does NOT join the club the series highlights. Somewhat enjoyable despite not much being new. A rom-com with MC that, so far, is still refusing to join the gaming club.

Classroom of the Elite / Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) / ようこそ実力至上主義の教室へ
I'm considering this the best of this season so far. Unusual MC, unusual main heroine, and a strange high-school anime setting that doesn't bore me. If you've watched Oregairu and enjoyed that (which, by the way, is my favorite anime next to Initial D), this anime will fulfill your need for an asocial, witty and cunning MC. Also accompanied by a kuudere lead heroine and a secondary heroine that isn't quite like Yuigahama...
Old 08-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2015 Crosstrek Silver 5 spd manual.

Attack On Titan!
My nephew turned me onto this series! It can be as "gruesome" as my other favourite show can be; The Walking Dead. (Personally I don't find either gruesome.)
Here's a peak:
https://youtu.be/aIN6BTToTP4

Enjoy!
Keith
keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwceb2 View Post
Attack On Titan!
My nephew turned me onto this series! It can be as "gruesome" as my other favourite show can be; The Walking Dead. (Personally I don't find either gruesome.)
Here's a peak:
https://youtu.be/aIN6BTToTP4

Enjoy!
Keith
I've stalled on it. Since such series I tend to marathon, I'm letting them release all the episodes so I can marathon/binge watch it.