2018 Crosstrek,LED bulb swap, Blown FUSES? (Keyless Fob not working? or Interior ligh - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Go Back   Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums > The Crosstrek Garage > Interior Appearance/Mods

Old 09-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #1

Default 2018 Crosstrek,LED bulb swap, Blown FUSES? (Keyless Fob not working? or Interior ligh

Hello All!

Just wanted to update everyone on wanting to install the LED 3-bulb Kit, for the Map Lights and Cargo Light from Subaru, that's around $60.

Easy does it!!! It was simple to install the bulbs, however in doing so, I blew the fuse to the interior lights and that also means your Keyless entry Fob will not work as well.

So, the "Owner's Manual" As you turn to section (12-10), Look at Fuse #26 (Interior Fuse box) or "Back Up" 10A Fuse. That's the one that you most likely blew out. It does control the interior lights and Keyless Entry Fob. It's in the fuse box under the drivers side fuse panel. Pull it and see if its blown. Then just replace it.

It took several calls to different dealerships to find this out, because the Owner's manual isn't going to have your "DOME, MAP, CARGO lights listed for the fuses. Nor does it direct you to any "Keyless entry FOB" Fuse.
It took me hours to locate this fuse and figure it out. No wiring diagram that I could find anywhere either. I am not a mechanic, but understand basics and just kept calling to find an answer.

So, just wanted to throw some help out there, because the vehicle is new, so there isn't a whole lot of information out there.

Welcome to All!

LAP29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP29 View Post
Hello All!

Just wanted to update everyone on wanting to install the LED 3-bulb Kit, for the Map Lights and Cargo Light from Subaru, that's around $60.

Easy does it!!! It was simple to install the bulbs, however in doing so, I blew the fuse to the interior lights and that also means your Keyless entry Fob will not work as well.

So, the "Owner's Manual" As you turn to section (12-10), Look at Fuse #26 (Interior Fuse box) or "Back Up" 10A Fuse. That's the one that you most likely blew out. It does control the interior lights and Keyless Entry Fob. It's in the fuse box under the drivers side fuse panel. Pull it and see if its blown. Then just replace it.

It took several calls to different dealerships to find this out, because the Owner's manual isn't going to have your "DOME, MAP, CARGO lights listed for the fuses. Nor does it direct you to any "Keyless entry FOB" Fuse.
It took me hours to locate this fuse and figure it out. No wiring diagram that I could find anywhere either. I am not a mechanic, but understand basics and just kept calling to find an answer.

So, just wanted to throw some help out there, because the vehicle is new, so there isn't a whole lot of information out there.

Welcome to All!
What brand of lights did you use? Were they higher power? Did you finally get them to work or go back to factory bulbs?

I was thinking of upgrading my interior map & dome lights with LED's from Diode Dynamics.

Your input is appreciated!

northframingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #3

Hello. I just went back to the factory bulbs. The LED bulbs I tried using where genuine Subaru LED bulbs. If you look those up under Subaru accessories, you may be able to locate the wattage of them?.
Good luck if you do decide to upgrade!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek

Thanks for the info on the fuse.

The LEDs are directional, as in, they only work going in a certain way. Could you have put them in "backwards"?

I bought all the interior (dome, map, cargo) and 2 rear licence plate LEDs from Diode Dynamics for less than $60 and have not have a single issue. I put them in within a week or two of owning the car.
stupidchicken03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
Thanks for the info on the fuse.

The LEDs are directional, as in, they only work going in a certain way. Could you have put them in "backwards"?

I bought all the interior (dome, map, cargo) and 2 rear licence plate LEDs from Diode Dynamics for less than $60 and have not have a single issue. I put them in within a week or two of owning the car.
Which year CROSSTREK do you have?

I have the 2018, which is not listed, but should be the same size as the updated 2017 Impreza
Old 11-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #6

I also have a 2018. They are the same bulbs.

I have lots of pics in my build thread, starting on post #25: http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/...trek-6681.html
Old 11-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #7

Quote:
I also have a 2018. They are the same bulbs.

I have lots of pics in my build thread, starting on post #25: http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/...trek-6681.html
I appreciate your time and assistance with regards to replying.

One more question: They don't list the 2018 Crosstrek

Under 2017 Imprezza they list dome & map but don't list cargo or license plate.

Under 2017 Crosstrek they list ALL the ones you installed but it says fits 2013-2016??

I want to make sure I order the right ones. Also like with the dome & map they offer different lumens 24, 94 & 118 with a board... what did you go with.

Again I really appreciate your time and input!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #8

I?m sure i did put them in backwards. There are no instructions on how to put them in the correct way. Would you happen to know the correct way? Is there a little mark on one end of the bulb? Do you have to weigh the bulb to find how many ounces more the bulb weighs so you know that the heavier end by a .001 weight is the correct end to install first?. Haha! I?m not going to study the science behind LED bulbs to install a bulb, only to blow fuses so I can then go to my manual that doesn?t direct you on which fuses go to what. It?s kind of ridiculous that there is no way of knowing which way to put a bulb in, without blowing fuses.
I would love to put in LED bulbs easily and not have any trouble. This hasn?t been the case. I mean, it?s amazing how just 1 little bulb can cause so many issues.
Ahh, but if you get lucky ?, you may do it the first time correctly! Lucky you! Ha!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by northframingham View Post
I appreciate your time and assistance with regards to replying.

One more question: They don't list the 2018 Crosstrek

Under 2017 Imprezza they list dome & map but don't list cargo or license plate.

Under 2017 Crosstrek they list ALL the ones you installed but it says fits 2013-2016??

I want to make sure I order the right ones. Also like with the dome & map they offer different lumens 24, 94 & 118 with a board... what did you go with.

Again I really appreciate your time and input!
The 13-16 are the exact same for the 18.

For the interior I went with the 94 lumen in cool white (the dome and map lights are all the same - 3 total).

The rear license plate lights, I got the "Pure White 5k" and "HP5 92 lumens" so it was $20 for the pair.

For the trunk I went with the board at 118 lumens.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-veh...rosstrek-52041
Attached Images
File Type: png DD.PNG (316.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #10

Quote:
The 13-16 are the exact same for the 18.

For the interior I went with the 94 lumen in cool white (the dome and map lights are all the same - 3 total).

The rear license plate lights, I got the "Pure White 5k" and "HP5 92 lumens" so it was $20 for the pair.

For the trunk I went with the board at 118 lumens.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-veh...rosstrek-52041
Thanks! I ended up ordering the interior LED's and License Plate LED's
through Diode Dynamics. They should arrive sometime this week.

Tags
2018 crosstrek, inter ligh keyless entry