HID Vs. LED HEADLIGHTS - Page 4 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 10-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #31

My Vehicle: 2015 Crosstrek Silver 5 spd manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarust View Post
You brought your issue to a public forum. Indicating you wanted all input from all members. I am a member. Therefore I added my input.
Simply put “Bro”, don’t play with electricity unless you know how it works. It sounds like you have no business modifying an automobile.
Now, I’m all for asking for questions. That’s a quick way to gaining knowledge. And I approve of your doing so. But, when people can’t help you with your dilemma, you’ll need to teach yourself. That’s why I suggested honestly learning about the subject of LEDs. You then took offense with that honest suggestion, implying I was making you out to be an idiot, as if I were some sort of internet troll trying to get a rise out of you.

I’m sorry you felt that way. It was not my intention to belittle your intelligence. Rather, a suggestion for you to teach yourself the knowledge which you seek. If you didn’t want opinions, don’t open your mouth (or in this case, “type on a keyboard”).
Really D-bag? "Bro?" What are you 12?
As for your intention? Your intention was absolutely to belittle and be a condescending prick. If you don't think that, "Now, I’m all for asking for questions. That’s a quick way to gaining knowledge. And I approve of your doing so." is not condescending, then you are not nearly as intelligent as you give yourself credit for!
Not in any of my posting(s ) did I ask for "help" in my dilemma of the license plate lights. I wasn't looking to fix it. I simply stated that the LEDs I put in weren't working correctly. You decided to put on your "self-educated" know-it-all hat and smarmily respond telling me to look it up myself....and how you're not going to spoon-feed me. As if!

Opinions are always welcome when they are offered in a friendly, non-judgmental, and wait for it……..are asked for.

You have certainly proved the adage about opinions being like A-holes! So you did accomplish something today.

Anything else Carnac the Magnificent?

keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2017, 07:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYHAWK View Post
Having better license plate lighting will only increase the chance of receiving a ticket in the mail.
LOL....exactly. That's why since the LEDs won't work, it's another great reason to not have anyhthing.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #33
Site Team

Okay, cool it. Now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RallyeBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2017, 12:52 AM   #34
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Subarust, you could have worded your posts in a bit more of a kind-mannered tone. But you do bring up a good point about the PWM (pulse-width modulation) operation of the lights.

keithwceb2, posts you perceive as rude do not permit you to respond in a belligerent manner. I get that being told "use the internet, it's the ultimate tool to understanding everything" isn't the nicest response to get, but responding in such a manner was uncalled for.

The way the lights in question (where the LED bulbs are not functioning correctly) are operated through the circuitry, assuming that Subarust is correct, with PWM (pulse-width modulation), and is designed to work with the factory-type or OEM-identical incandescent lamps.

It just doesn't work the same with a random LED bulb put in the same place. It would probably require some manner of re-engineering the vehicle to get LED bulbs to work.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #35

^^^
"Kind-mannered" Really? Don't need someone to be kind. Just not a condescending jerk! You get what you give with me. However, you throw a pebble, I throw a boulder with the intent to squash the bug. Again, never once did I ask for help or opinions on the lights.
Telling me to look it up on the net....and that he was not going to spoonfeed me! But I digress.....................

That being said, if anyone, (except Subarust), in this club was offended by anything that I said, I do apologize. Certainly not my intent to offend innocent parties. I really enjoy this club. Have made some friends, and have learned quite a bit.
-Keith
Old 10-16-2017, 06:28 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYHAWK View Post
Having better license plate lighting will only increase the chance of receiving a ticket in the mail.
a got a good chuckle from your message. and then last night i got a ticket, exactly because my license plate was visible (missing renewal sticker). ouch!
nielkmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #37

Hello gang, my new 18 Limited has the fancy LED headlights, which I like, and LED interior lights, which are ghastly and unflattering, like the lights that come on at closing time in a nightclub when they want patrons to leave promptly.

The headlights have a big 'Cool/Whizbang' factor from the moment you turn the car on at night. They do a quick side-to-side cycle that shows just how far they can rotate in conjunction with your steering wheel (a feature that allows you to see what's ahead when you do a hard turn left or right). They also automatically go from low beams to high beams if there is no car coming at you in the other direction. The switching from low to high, high to low, isn't as visually distracting/annoying as you might think. Honestly none of these features is terribly crucial unless you regularly drive a windy mountain road at 2 am. But they are pretty cool.

As for the interior lights, I'd gladly trade LED for the warm glow of standard lights. Is it possible to switch the bulbs? I'm an ignoramus when it comes to these things.
NoVA Crosstreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #38

What? That's great news about the LED lamps! I wonder if that's a trim level thing. I say this because I was at the dealership after work and saw a 2018 leave, but the headlamps appeared non-LED! Very excited to know this!

I hear what you're saying about the interior. But once I switched all of my interiors to the LED, you can really see so much better. My interior was all black. So the brighter light really helps!
(However, in your 2018 they may have added new lighting or something that would make going back to dinasour lamps workable.)
Congrats on your new car!! Best of luck with her!
-Keith
Old 10-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #39

Thanks. Yep, only the Limited trim gets the LEDs.
NoVA Crosstreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #40

The IIHS requires these headlights for their highest rating. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA Crosstreker View Post
Hello gang, my new 18 Limited has the fancy LED headlights, which I like, and LED interior lights, which are ghastly and unflattering, like the lights that come on at closing time in a nightclub when they want patrons to leave promptly.

The headlights have a big 'Cool/Whizbang' factor from the moment you turn the car on at night. They do a quick side-to-side cycle that shows just how far they can rotate in conjunction with your steering wheel (a feature that allows you to see what's ahead when you do a hard turn left or right). They also automatically go from low beams to high beams if there is no car coming at you in the other direction. The switching from low to high, high to low, isn't as visually distracting/annoying as you might think. Honestly none of these features is terribly crucial unless you regularly drive a windy mountain road at 2 am. But they are pretty cool.

As for the interior lights, I'd gladly trade LED for the warm glow of standard lights. Is it possible to switch the bulbs? I'm an ignoramus when it comes to these things.
CRAZYHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlights