2 Issues - anyone experience these? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 02-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #1

Default 2 Issues - anyone experience these?

I have a 2016 Crosstrek with almost 34k miles. Iíve had pretty constant issues with it starting hard in the cold and sometimes not starting and having to jump it. The factory battery only has 390 CCA. Is the problem because of the low CCA, have other experienced this, or are there any known issues? The other issue is several times Iíve gone out to get in/out of my car and noticed the hood is popped. Thereís no way I wouldíve hit anything to cause it to open. Anyone have his happen either or know what would cause it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bergerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2018, 02:19 AM   #2

My Vehicle: '16 Crosstrek premium

Yes,it sounds like you need a new battery.Take it to the dealer and have them test it.When it tests weak they will replace it with a better battery with more CCA.

As for your hood issue.I would guess that the cable is a little too tight.When it gets real cold the cable shrinks.It could be that it shrinks just enough to pop the hood.I would also tell the dealer about this because it could get ugly if he hood pops open going down the road.
MarioAndretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #3

Thanks. Ok that makes sense about the hood. Iíve only seen it happen when itís really cold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bergerking is offline   Reply With Quote