K&N air filter for 2018 Crosstrek - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium
Default K&N air filter for 2018 Crosstrek

Hi all.
Does anyone know which model number (if any) is the correct fit?
They do not list the 2018 Crosstrek on their website, and their tech support email confirmed that they have not certified one as being correct as of yet.
I got a 33-2304 and it did not seem like it would fit properly so I sent it back. It had rounded corners vs. the perfectly square ones on the factory air filter.
Thanks!

thraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I can't say for sure. parts.subaru.com doesn't even have the parts information up for the 3rd generation Subaru XV.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:55 PM   #3

Go down to you local Autozone. Ask the manager (guys with grey shirts, never ask the red shirts anything, they are noobs!) aks if you can rummage through the air filters until you find one of similar dimensions. Then find what vehicle that fits. (The grey shirt can do that in the computer), once you find the vehicle it goes to, look for the K&N version.

Side gripe- not sure why you would bother with this. The 50-100$ you’ll pay for a k&n might gain 2-3hp AT THE FLYWHEEL. At best, with awd, there will be ZERO difference felt on the butt Dyno, and your modded 2018 will still be slower than the OEM 2018 that the elderly woman in the next lane. It’s all because of a little known secret called torque.
Subarust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarust View Post
Go down to you local Autozone. Ask the manager (guys with grey shirts, never ask the red shirts anything,
Plus, the guys in the Red Shirts always get killed off. I couldn't resist to reference the Star Trek...
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #5

Hahahaha!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #6

Quote:
The 50-100$ youíll pay for a k&n might gain 2-3hp AT THE FLYWHEEL. At best, with awd, there will be ZERO difference felt on the butt Dyno, and your modded 2018 will still be slower than the OEM 2018 that the elderly woman in the next lane. Itís all because of a little known secret called torque.
I was under the impression that less air restriction would make the pedal feel a little more responsive. Is that not the case?
Old 10-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #7

You might get some off throttle-at idle response improvement. But is it worth that amount of money? And is it worth the upkeep that a k&n takes? So many of those filters are trashed from neglect. Usually within the first year.

I don’t want to discourage you from improving your car! It’s good to modify cars. But I just wanted to make sure you are informed before you set down some cash on mods.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #8

Quote:
You might get some off throttle-at idle response improvement. But is it worth that amount of money? And is it worth the upkeep that a k&n takes? So many of those filters are trashed from neglect. Usually within the first year.

I donít want to discourage you from improving your car! Itís good to modify cars. But I just wanted to make sure you are informed before you set down some cash on mods.
It's $50, supposedly lasts 50k miles between cleanings (not sure how true that is), so it seems ok.
Can you recommend something better? Besides a new motor with a turbo lol
Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #9

Headers and uncorked exhaust. Modest power increase, excellent sound. And the opportunity to go with either the rally car equal length header sound. Or the WRX burble of UNequal length headers.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #10

Maybe this one
https://www.knfilters.com/mobile/mPr...x?prod=33-5064

Change vehicle to 2018 Impreza, should have the same filter, but call the dealer to verify.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote