Diff lockdowns - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-15-2017, 09:52 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2017 Crosstrek Premium 5MT
Default Diff lockdowns

Hey,

Does anyone know if the Differential Lockdown kits for other Subarus fit on 2017 Crosstrek? I would also like to do shifter bushings, engine/transmission mounts as well, but I haven't come across anything labeled as compatible on the crosstrek.
While I haven't done any extensive searching for this stuff, I have looked around a little & I've pretty much come up with nothing.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Randall

SuzukiPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #2
Site Team

To my knowledge, nothing has been confirmed compatible. AWDFreak is out of town right now, but I'll ask him when he gets back. He's phenomenal with finding the interchangeable parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RallyeBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, RallyeBourne.

I have found out that the 2015+ WRX Perrin & Group N transmission mounts will go right into the Crosstrek. We can also use the Whiteline positive shift kit (bushings for transmission mount).
I am going to get under my car and look, but I am pretty sure we'll be able to use the Kartboy or the Torque Solutions (I don't remember which one or both are similar) rear diff/subframe lockdowns.

I'll find this stuff, I just thought maybe someone already would know. I find it completely amazing that no one has been interested in using this type of stuff on the Crosstrek. It all will make a good difference in drivability with the car.
I am thinking soon, I'm going to make another thread with a compiled list of compatible parts. Yes...because I'm the dude that's going to be trying/using this stuff.
Anyways, thanks again & any info/help is still appreciated.

Randall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

If you're referring to this:

* Whiteline Positive Traction Kit, Rear Diff Replacement P/N KDT905

I actually have that installed on my XV Crosstrek. 100% fitment.

The Subaru R160 driveline has hardly changed since the 1970's, so despite the compatibility listings you see on the web, an overwhelming majority of the driveline components with R160 AWD Subaru vehicles are compatible and interchangeable with each other, including the 2nd generation Subaru XV.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #5

Hey AWDfreak,

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered the Kartboy rear diff/carrier wedge lock system, Group N transmission mount and the whiteline gearbox positive shift kit. I am pretty positive it's all going to be a good fit.
At the same time, I find it completely ridiculous that these vendors don't list these parts as compatible for our cars. I mean how f*%king hard would it be for them?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously...I'm still going to be adding stuff to the car, I am by no means finished with driveline/suspension upgrades. I will be emailing these idiots I buy these parts from to try to get them to list the stuff as compatible for the Crosstrek.
These cars are nice cars and they're definitely nice stock, but I think they can definitely benefit from some aftermarket parts. Then again, I'm like all about it! Some people just don't think like that and/or have any desire to slightly mod their crosstrek.
Once again, I appreciate the reply and info about the driveline in our cars.

Thanks

Randall
Old 02-05-2017, 04:01 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiPilot View Post
Hey AWDfreak,

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered the Kartboy rear diff/carrier wedge lock system, Group N transmission mount and the whiteline gearbox positive shift kit. I am pretty positive it's all going to be a good fit.
At the same time, I find it completely ridiculous that these vendors don't list these parts as compatible for our cars. I mean how f*%king hard would it be for them?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously...I'm still going to be adding stuff to the car, I am by no means finished with driveline/suspension upgrades. I will be emailing these idiots I buy these parts from to try to get them to list the stuff as compatible for the Crosstrek.
These cars are nice cars and they're definitely nice stock, but I think they can definitely benefit from some aftermarket parts. Then again, I'm like all about it! Some people just don't think like that and/or have any desire to slightly mod their crosstrek.
Once again, I appreciate the reply and info about the driveline in our cars.

Thanks

Randall
I've been asking sites to properly list models that still fit such products, but found my own efforts futile.

All the Cusco products, as well as the Subimods Fire Extinguisher bracket listed for 2015 WRX/WRX STI, I did what I could for both manufactures and vendors to list all applicable models... not a single one has appropriately fixed their listings, still only listing the models with most attention (WRX, WRX STI, etc). I even wrote reviews on one of the sites as confirmed purchases and even cited the Japanese model fitment list but no American sites really care enough to make additional sales on XV Crosstrek models.

So I know all too well that position of searching for applicable products that fit, but don't list fitment
Old 02-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #7

Hey AWDfreak,

Ok, so maybe I'll just not bother with trying to "help out the community" if it's already been wasted time for others.
I got the Kartboy rear differential carrier wedge, Group N transmission mount and the whiteline positive shift kit today. The rear subframe bushings that come with the rear diff wedge system most definitely do not fit the crosstrek. The differential lock down part worked, so not really a big deal to me. Of course the transmission mount/positive shift kit went in perfectly.
There is a little more noise and slight additional vibration (barely noticeable), but it definitely feels better. You can most definitely hear the transmission & rear differential working.
I'll check back in with what I decide to do next. Probably an Ecohitch...Track day/race season is getting really close, so that's more than likely up next. I'll probably order some window rain guard things (whatever they're called). I'm thinking Weathertech for those.They look nice and no double sided tape. That stuff has nothing to do with driveline/suspension upgrades though. So I'll save everyone the boredom and skip over that stuff.
Until next time...
Old 02-08-2017, 05:38 AM   #8
Site Team

Thanks for the update. I'm assuming the subframe bushings aren't compatible because the XV uses a different size subframe due to the lifted stance.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #9

Yeah, It's the subframe. I took one bottom bolt loose because it looked like they would go in there. The bushings from the Kartboy kit would have slid in there, but the Subaru bushings in the subframe aren't "deep" enough for the Kartboy bushing to go. It looked so close I actually stuck the thing in there and started to tighten it back up. It started to just deform and go all wacky...,...,...loosened it back up and took it out. They definitely aren't going in the top. It's close, but they just don't fit correctly. I wasn't really bothered with it, I gave it a try just because they were in the package and I was under the car already.
Like I said before, the stuff I installed feels good. There is a little bit of sound...on acceleration it sounds pretty cool...deceleration, not so much. If I wouldn't have driven it afterwards with the radio/hvac off I wouldn't have even heard the difference.
Since they're cheap, I'll probably do the driveshaft carrier bushings and a master cylinder brace too. I'll just order them to show up with my hitch & do it all at the same time. That will get me through the summer of dragging the race bike all over the place (Barber, VIR, PIRC, NCM & most definitely Mid Ohio).

Have a good one, man
Old 10-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #10

Just for the sake of trying things out, I ordered some Torque Solutions carrier bearing bushings. Of course they fit right in and all is well. Bad part, the stock bushings I believe are pressed together. You aren't going to get any kind of press in the little room you do have in the "tunnel", so I took a cut-off wheel to the stock bushings. If you want to do this you need to get the heat shield for the exhaust out of the way (it'll come out without dropping anything).