Delicious Tuning! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #1

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005
Default Delicious Tuning!

Found this from another site. This company has come up with a modified ECU to give you about 5% gains in power. http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t21178...-w-ecutek.html

billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Sport Jasmine Green Metallic
Default Re: Delicious Tuning!

would doing this void ones warranty ?
The Rog Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #3

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

If the door falls off no, if the motor burns up and they find that it's due to altering the ECU yes. Same thing if you don't use OEM oil and filters. You can purchase and use aftermarket car parts, but if it causes the car to break down. Your car warranty is voided. http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/...ermarket-parts
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Ah, yet another modification to add to my post-warranty list...

Thanks for sharing! I didn't actually expect any tune shops to even bother advertising a higher power tune for the FB20.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob
If the door falls off no, if the motor burns up and they find that it's due to altering the ECU yes. Same thing if you don't use OEM oil and filters. You can purchase and use aftermarket car parts, but if it causes the car to break down. Your car warranty is voided. http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/...ermarket-parts
This is 100% true..and although your door falling off would absolutely still be covered under warranty, messing with the ECU will spark most dealers to void your warranty if ANY issues powertrain wise do arise..its easy for them to just blame it on a tune since you really would have no proof that it didnt cause an issue..

Everything is controlled by the ECU so please be mindful when altering it..manufacturers do not like it
SubieXVdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

My Vehicle: '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited

$600 (map and AP) for extremely minimal gains. I guess it's good to see someone out there doing this grunt work in any case. *shrug* ;D
VXSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #7

My Vehicle: BRZ, Forester, Outback

We will be replying soon, we are just awaiting proper authorization from the owner. We have a lot of information to share and would love to answer questions and clear up what the potential of the engine really is, even if only NA.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXSS
Appreciate the fact that you are doing this on an N/A, and it leaves me scratching my head, "WHY".

The price speaks for itself. I guess it is what it is, but IMHO, not worth it for an N/A that you will be lucky to get 2 more at the wheels. Shame though, considering you can get a Cobb AP w/ OTS maps for a T/C for roughly $600-$700 depending on vendor.

You are a brave and determined man, heh....
Problem with that is you can not actually get a Cobb AP for this vehicles as they will never make it. I know the price is high but that is also why I offer the cable as a core exchange. Basically send it back and you get the $350 back. So the total comes out to $545 once the cable has been returned and $895 if you would like to keep the cable. For those of you who already have a WRX, STI, BRZ, FRS, GTR, etc... you can use the same cable to reflash to tune these cars also. Or if you know someone who might have a cable you can also use that to reprogram your vehicle.

I do have a special going on that drops the price another $50 so the total is $845 if you keep the cable and $495.00 if you return the cable which will be lower than Cobb if it even existed. Coupon CODE: DT-FB20-NA-50

To be honest the reason I have done a reflash for this vehicle was because I did them on the old RS (99-02) and they are great. Everyone really likes them and though we have not sold a whole lot, word does get around once a few are out there that it really does feel better, MPG is better, performance is better and though it might seem like low numbers you can not expect a whole lot out of an NA car.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

Old 10-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Premium Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXSS
Appreciate the fact that you are doing this on an N/A, and it leaves me scratching my head, "WHY".

The price speaks for itself. I guess it is what it is, but IMHO, not worth it for an N/A that you will be lucky to get 2 more at the wheels. Shame though, considering you can get a Cobb AP w/ OTS maps for a T/C for roughly $600-$700 depending on vendor.

You are a brave and determined man, heh....
Problem with that is you can not actually get a Cobb AP for this vehicles as they will never make it. I know the price is high but that is also why I offer the cable as a core exchange. Basically send it back and you get the $350 back. So the total comes out to $545 once the cable has been returned and $895 if you would like to keep the cable. For those of you who already have a WRX, STI, BRZ, FRS, GTR, etc... you can use the same cable to reflash to tune these cars also. Or if you know someone who might have a cable you can also use that to reprogram your vehicle.

I do have a special going on that drops the price another $50 so the total is $845 if you keep the cable and $495.00 if you return the cable which will be lower than Cobb if it even existed. Coupon CODE: DT-FB20-NA-50

To be honest the reason I have done a reflash for this vehicle was because I did them on the old RS (99-02) and they are great. Everyone really likes them and though we have not sold a whole lot, word does get around once a few are out there that it really does feel better, MPG is better, performance is better and though it might seem like low numbers you can not expect a whole lot out of an NA car.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Thanks William. I admire the fact that somebody cares enough to pursue performance upgrades with our XVs. The numbers may not be out of this world but the butt-dyno would be happier and really, that's what counts. When my warranty is up I may be giving you a call.

I'd love to see more companies tackle some aftermarket projects for this car. Not only exhaust/intake type power bolt-ons but also off road gear.

Hopefully the aftermarket picks up.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #10

I understand that this is an NA car and not a WRX or STI, but I am really surprised that everyone is expecting bigger numbers. These are REAL numbers but made up numbers like many intake and exhaust companies offer. I can place this same car on a dynojet and make these bigger numbers being it is a higher reading dyno.

Yes the price might be a little higher but it is what it is and the best I can do on price due to the EcuTeK License and Cable.

Now I do not see anyone mentioning the fact that at 2500 RPM there is an increase of 15 ft/lbs of torque. Might not seem like much but this is pretty massive for a car that makes 101 tq stock. That is basically 15% increase over stock and even on 87 octane.

Well it is what it is. The old RS (99-02) makes about the same stock and we make about 10 horsepower and 10 torque on these cars also and surprisingly have a lot of people purchasing these tunes and have only great things to say about the tune.

Main aspects everyone brings up (same on this vehicle)
- smoother power delivery and drivability
- linear power curve, no dips and hiccups under any condition
- improved mpg

Anyway maybe when the warranties are up. It is available on the website if people are interested. I am sure as soon as a couple start trying the tune you will notice the improvement and definitely seen the benefits of it. In the mean time, I am hear to answer questions.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning