Geolander A/T-S vs. General Grabber - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-22-2016, 09:27 PM   #1

Default Geolander A/T-S vs. General Grabber

For the 215/70R15 tires I'm looking to put onto a set of Methods I've narrowed it down to the Yoko's & the Grabbers.

I've only had experience with the Generals in the past. I wasn't pleased with the tread life nor the road noise. They only lasted ~35k miles before I had to scrap them. The Gens were also TERRIBLE in the snow.

From those folks who have run them which do you feel are better?

They both weigh in the same so that's not really a factor.

Lezbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

With my limited experience with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, I would definitely say they're probably one of the most pavement-biased all-terrains around. The A/T-S I got in 214/60R17 have a UTQG treadwear rating of 500, so they are supposed to last long.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
With my limited experience with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, I would definitely say they're probably one of the most pavement-biased all-terrains around. The A/T-S I got in 214/60R17 have a UTQG treadwear rating of 500, so they are supposed to last long.
Pavement biased? As in like the highway, are quiet at HWY speeds?
LesbianAssaltVehicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2016, 12:17 AM   #4
Site Team

They are quieter than the stock Crosstrek tires if you're concerned about noise. Yes, an all-terrain is quieter than the highway all-season truck tires that the Crosstrek comes with.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

I've had Geolandars on my Outback for over 40K miles and have driven from coast to coast and they are not noticeably loud on the highway. When I'm driving at neighborhood speeds and decelerate, there is a small range where they kind of hum, but it's usually just for a moment.
echoout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
Did you put them on the stock wheels? I am shopping for some beefier tires now to replace the OEM tires. I don't really want to buy new wheels right now.
EarlTheSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #7

The screen names present in this thread had me lol'ing! I like when people just sit back and have fun on the internet, like it was in the 90's. I have absolutely nothing to add beyond this, thanks for the chuckles folks!
Subarust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:32 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlTheSqrl View Post
Did you put them on the stock wheels? I am shopping for some beefier tires now to replace the OEM tires. I don't really want to buy new wheels right now.
Yes, I did, and I seriously think the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S in 215/60R17 should've been the stock tires
Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #9

My Vehicle: Marine Blue Pearl 13 XV Manual

I'll second this. I don't have any experience with the Grabbers, but I've been enjoying the Geo A/T-S tires and would recommend them.
silverrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:12 AM   #10

I have 235/60 A/T GO15 and I am very pleased with them
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote