IP Ban? - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-24-2018, 06:06 AM   #11

My Vehicle: 2018 DGM

Interesting.

A WHOIS of networklayer.com reveals that the organization that owns that domain is called DNStinations Inc.

My guess would be that your ISP has contracted with them to provide a DNS solution.

As for the block, I did a blacklist check on this site's IP and it came back as being listed on the Barracuda Reputation Block List.

Barracuda is a very popular spam/web filtering blacklist. We use it on the email server where I work. I know first-hand that it works very well because our own IP got blacklisted by it once.

This could suggest that their DNS server is using the Barracuda web filter which could be blocking access to this site.

In any case, being blocked by such a highly regarded filtering service as Barracuda is concerning for any website. That could mean there are a lot more people than just you that have been unable to access this site.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/blackl...rracudacentral

Of course this is all just speculation. I could be completely wrong. But, I think this is worth looking into, for the site owner anyway.

JB1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
Site Team

Hey there,

Just wanted to follow up with this.
Are you still getting those errors today?

Ed
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #13

Yes, this is still an ongoing issue--as it has been for many months now.

As you can see JB1887 posted some incredibly interesting information above which may be indicative of a fairly serious site-related problem.

Again as suggested above, the site owner(s) should certainly be concerned about the possibility the site has in fact been "blacklisted" somehow.

I think we've all done our best here to troubleshoot (to no avail unfortunately) and I don't believe there is anything more that any of us can really do on the user end.

Accordingly I'm going to recuse myself again from further discussion here and request thread deletion if at all possible.

I still remain hopeful it somehow all works out in the end.

Sincere thanks again, to everyone!!
rockboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #14
Site Team

Hey there,

Have you tried the basic caches and cookies clear?
I can't seem to replicate your issue
I tested this on Chrome on Windows and iOS and could enter the site without any connection error.

What device are you on?
Do you have any extensions on? That may hinder performance as well

Ed
Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #15

With all due respect sir, that has all been covered above already. If you have not yet read through the entire thread please feel free to review it more thoroughly to better understand.

This has nothing to do with cache, cookies, browsers, OS or extensions. As JB1887 posted above there is some relatively damning evidence pointing to a potential issue with the website itself being "blacklisted" (aka blocked/inaccessible) by an industry-standard filtering service known as Barracuda.

I ran a quick test here myself which indeed confirmed what JB1887 had suspected: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx...2&run=toolpage

I will defer to him and any others from here on out. The issue(s) at this point are likely well beyond the scope or reach of any end user.

If it does not quite make sense to you at this point it seems it would be prudent to continue to escalate the issue internally until it reaches someone who can address it more directly.

I certainly do not have any answers or explanations for it myself (just a random dude on the internet) and cannot practically invest any more time in the matter. I am but a speck of dust in the greater universe.

(Although admittedly the Borla on my 2017 5MT DK at full throttle occasionally *does* give me an exaggerated sense of self-importance!) Haha.

Thank you again to everyone for your help and best wishes!!
rockboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #16

My Vehicle: 2018 DGM

A simple removal request can be sent from the following link.

BarracudaCentral.org - Technical Insight for Security Pros

All that really needs to be said is that the site was probably mistakenly added to the blacklist and needs to be removed. A real person will review the request and most likely remove it.

JB1887 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoBucket | - »