Seattle Area Off Road Trails - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-07-2016, 08:41 AM   #1

Default Seattle Area Off Road Trails

Just purchased a 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid this weekend. Would love to get it off the pavement but would like to start off on some easy forest roads with some pay-off at the end (e.g. scenic overlook, waterfalls, anything cool). Any recommendations for a location within 100 miles or so of the Seattle area?

DaSantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the club!

Can't help you with off-roading places near where you live but I'll be paying attention to those that respond as I may want to try them later this year.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:55 AM   #3

Cool Carbon River

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSantz View Post
Just purchased a 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid this weekend. Would love to get it off the pavement but would like to start off on some easy forest roads with some pay-off at the end (e.g. scenic overlook, waterfalls, anything cool). Any recommendations for a location within 100 miles or so of the Seattle area?
Finding places has been my struggle. However, I ventured out to Carbon River Road near the Mt. Rainier / Mt Baker National Forest division line. I went about 2 miles past the Carbon River Ranger Station and turned left over a bridge on NF-7810. Its a gravel road (ugghh) that takes you up to some lakes. Here's what someone posted on the WTA website about this place.

https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-r...-01.7183932250

By the way, I could definitely use a Crosstrek buddy to go exploring with. I have checked out a few of the Forest Service roads off I-90, and they seem nice... but are all gravel. I'm still looking for dirt roads.
Plant_A_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek

Tinkham Road off of I-90 is an awesome place to head up for views and a fun dirt road.

The North Fork road out or North Bend has endless roads to explore that your XV will love. The snow level is getting higher now.

Both of those are about 30 minutes from Seattle.
Crunchtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #5

Default Thanks!

I appreciate the tips. My apologies for the delayed response as I didn't get an email notification letting me know someone replied. I will post here when I'm ready to do some exploring so to pull in anyone else interested in joining.
DaSantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek

PM me when you're ready.
Crunchtrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #7
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2016 Subaru Crosstrek M/T dark metallic grey

Hi all, I just found out I'll be moving to Seattle in October. I'd love to set up a meet and drive/camping trip sometime. I'm really looking forward to getting out west amd exploring.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 AM   #8

My Vehicle: 2014 Crosstrek

Just moved to Gig harbor and looking for some trails and someone else in case things get real.
acftmech247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2014 Crosstrek

Want to hit some trails this weekend if work doesn't call me in? any takers? I have a current map that shows FS roads on hand a my GPS actually shows the roads. I am not heavily equipped for anything to crazy but want to get out into Gods country.
acftmech247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:21 AM   #10

My Vehicle: 16 Crosstrek

WA and OR have all kinds of options. National Forest people are your best friends - get to know them. They usually really know their forest. BLM people less so. I always get the N Forest "Motor Vehicle Use Maps" if the district has them (some don't). They're free and are intended to keep people off of the roads that the NF is trying to return back to nature. Some of these roads are really primitive. Some I have done in my Crosstrek, some require my Jeep. I've discovered roads/areas where you won't see anyone for miles, so be careful. Also review the following site - Backcountry Discovery Routes. WA's site is managed by a motorcycle group, but I'll be doing it this summer first in the Jeep.
JMft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offroad, washington