SF Bay Area chat thread - Page 4 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #31
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Why are you scared to wash it? Afraid to remove the honorable dirt? Or afraid because it's a new paint job?

For washing, keep it basic for the first 6 months. A professional job such as a full-blown detail with wax should wait. Of course, use only car wash-specific products.

A basket is ideal, but an appropriate size for your application must be determined. Are you intending to run other accessories such as a bike rack and/or winter ski/snowboard rack on the side?

Since you've posted in the Bay Area thread, whereabouts of the SF Bay Area are you from?

Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM   #32

My Vehicle: Limited 2014 Crosstrek XV, Red, CVT
Cool Performance at high altitudes

I was up through the Carson Pass this weekend (8500ft elv) and my 2014XV Limited/CVT was having a tough time with those 7% grades. Revs went up to near 5k just to maintain 50MPH. Anyone else feel their performance suffers radically at elevation? Just curious, although the XV is by no means a WRX, it's performance is not terrible down here in the bay area.
RWBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #33

Default SF Bay Area chat thread

Any good dirt roads near the Fremont area? I got a stock 2017, itíll be its maiden dirt cruise.

Any plans on doing a local meetup/cruise?
PinoyMTBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 04:47 AM   #34
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBY View Post
I was up through the Carson Pass this weekend (8500ft elv) and my 2014XV Limited/CVT was having a tough time with those 7% grades. Revs went up to near 5k just to maintain 50MPH. Anyone else feel their performance suffers radically at elevation? Just curious, although the XV is by no means a WRX, it's performance is not terrible down here in the bay area.
Yes, performance at higher elevations suffers noticeably.

Some of the higher elevations with climbs, I never find myself going above 4th gear. On the more severe elevations and steep climbs, I may even have to resort to using the lowest gear available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyMTBer View Post
Any good dirt roads near the Fremont area? I got a stock 2017, itíll be its maiden dirt cruise.

Any plans on doing a local meetup/cruise?
If you want dirt roads closest to the SF Bay Area that are public and legal, see http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/...ings-2453.html

I would love a local meetup and/or cruise but so far there's not enough regular SF Bay Area users, as far as I'm aware, to support such an event. I would gladly host, but unless we get a good amount of members to say they will attend, I won't expect much.