Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

2017 Navigation - Database and Routing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  edlipson 
#1 ·
Anyone having issues with the database and routing in the 2017? Twice in two weeks it sent me to a person's house and not a Starbucks. The Starbucks came up on the place search. When I get the checkered flag, it is just a house.

Routing is also 'strange'. Sends me to parking lots and not the correct turns to the destinations.

My 10 year old Magellan GPS worked better than this does.

#2 ·
Interesting - sounds frustrating. I have a 17 and have not experienced any issues like that. I don't always agree with the directions algorithm but that is with any GPS I have experience with. I often will ignore the directions until the end where I am not familiar with the area.

#3 ·
Routing to Destination

The route eventually gets me to the location. It is just at the beginning of the route that it wants to go into dead ends.

For example, in June, traveling from Breton Woods NH to Millinocket ME, it took me into a motel parking lot off of US 2. I had not even started the route until I hit US 2 as I wanted a nice drive thru the Presidentials. Good thing I always have paper road maps and a good navigator to read them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.