Front bumper tow hook - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2014 Tangerine
Default Front bumper tow hook

A while back i popped open the cover on the front bumper just to see where to install the eye hook. to my supprize nothing there. no support to screw into. how about you guys.

apuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #2

What ? ? ? Can't speak to the 2014 but I used the front tow hook on my 2018 already.

Kind of an interesting story - I was running around on the beach all week last September. I am running a 2" lift with Yokohama Geolander A/T Go15 235/60R16 tires.
I took them down to 10 PSI. I was able to run with the Wranglers and 4X4 Chevy and Ford pick-ups no problem. At the end of one day there was a beach access I had not used before. The sand was really really deep - I should have known better because a Jeep Liberty was stuck ( I found out later a couple of 4X4 pick-ups got stuck as well earlier in the day. Anyway I could not make a good run at the access to get off the beach and got stuck as well. I got pulled out by a wrecker with a winch and about 100 feet of cable attached to my front tow ring. So yeah the 2017 got them.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Sport Jasmine Green Metallic

I have a 2014 but have never bothered to look. maybe when the weather get nicer i will pop it out and look ?
The Rog Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 16 Crosstrek

It's there - it just sets back a ways - not flush to the cover.

BTW Dennis - still liking the 235 Geo's?
JMft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #5
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I've used the front tow hook multiple times.

Don't be fooled, it is threaded in there. It is functional.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #6

I do like my Geolander A/T Go15 235/60R16 tires a lot - I like the wider look and they are not noisy on pavement - they work really well on the beach because the do not dig in the sand but float on top of the sand especially with the psi down to 10. My off road really just amounts to some trails and unpaved roads so I cannot really say how they would do for anything serious - but I didn't buy the car for any serious off roading. I did play with it in the snow once in November - it did fine. And I took in the mud on a big construction site and had a blast but my wife wa not happy with me tracking mud on the driveway and into the garage - but that was a blast as well.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote