Keyless Entry Chirp - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-27-2017, 09:41 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2016 Subaru XV S CVT Crystal White
Default Keyless Entry Chirp

Hi Fellow Auzzies, Im following some other threads about the Keyless Entry Arm and Disarm of the Factory Immobilizer system...... particularly the associated CHIRP sound from the emitter in the Engine bay area.
Im driving a MY16 XV S CVT

Many US Owners have referenced how annoying it is and want to turn it OFF. I am looking in the RATHER extensive owners manual and It mentions vaugley about taking the XV to the Dealer to have them activate this feature as it seems to be OFF or not available on AU models??? Anyone know more about this??? Of course the instructions for many other related features are there like turning off the Hazard warning flashers at entry or exit and thats done by the center display features settings etc but the sound is difficult to figure out.

Aparrantly in the US models there is grey piezo emitter unit in the engine bay area that makes the sound and some are removing it?? Im still yet to look for mine if they are installed on our AU models.

I want to activate it rather than going after market for THAT CHIRP on entry and exit etc. Dont intend to spend stupid $$ on an aftermarket alarm etc

Any thoughts fellow Auzzies???

Joffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

If you're talking about the chirp that is separate from the horn, from my perspective as an American in the USA, that same chirp sound is common among many Japanese brands in this country.

There's a good chance if you hear that chirp from other Japanese brands, that your vehicle likely has it too. The default is it to be on, so I'm surprised your vehicle doesn't have it turned on.

In the US manual, this is what I found to deactivate it. The same steps can be done to re-activate it.

https://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/11...IS020116_9.pdf

Page 2-26 of the 2016 Subaru Crosstrek owner's manual
Quote:
Perform the following steps to deactivate the audible signal. You can also use the same steps to restore the function.

1. Sit in the driver’s seat and shut all doors and the rear gate.
2. Hold down the REAR (UNLOCK) side of the power door locking switch.
3. While holding down the REAR (UNLOCK) side of the power door locking switch, pull the key out and re-insert it into the ignition switch at least 6 times within 10 seconds after Step 2.
4. Open and close the driver’s door once within 10 seconds after Step 3.
5. The hazard warning flashers flash 3 times to indicate completion of the setting.

You may have the above settings done by
your SUBARU dealer. Also, for models
with a multi function display, the setting
can be changed using the display. For
details, refer to “Keyless buzzer volume
setting” F3-79.

This is for North American specification vehicles, so I am unsure if these steps will work for your region.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #3

Hi AWDFreak thanks for this... Im going to try the activation steps but i have push button start on my model so will attempt this but using the PBS instead of key not sure if it will work.

Or I might just ring my dealer to tell me and arrange to take it in to reactivate if its disabled rather than just missing. Need to find a time to see if I can find the Grey Piezo Buzzer speaker in the engine bay are.

any other auzzies here reading and know anything??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #4

sigh.......

Dear Joff, Thank you for contacting us again! Unfortunately the MY16 XV does not come with that feature in our standard models, you would have to have an Arm Siren installed as you stated below to have the noise for the central locking to sound. If you have any further enquiries don't hesitate to contact us again. Warm Regards,
Old 06-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #5
Site Team

Wow, I'm surprised that isn't standard...

Must be one of those strange regional things.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #6

Although the User manual on Page says its a dealer thing to have it activated according to that... so not sure Subaru Australia (being Corporate) know the intricate features..... in their own product. Im taking into dealer and Ill ask them face to face at the counter to explain what the manual means if its not actually an installed feature
Old 07-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #7

Well................... yesterday while taking things out of my car I forgot to close my drivers door and walked away and set the lock/immobilzer.......and guess what?? there is a nice beep/chirp warning coming form the engine bay area.......hmmmmmmm
time to take it to the dealer to see if they can add this feature in the ECU system
Old 07-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #8
Site Team

What a development! Please update us on your findings.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #9

well its defs not active here in AU unlike State side...... so might actually be updatable like the manual says in some vague way