Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums (http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/)
-   The Autoshow (http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Chicken's Crosstrek (http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/f14/chickens-crosstrek-6681.html)

stupidchicken03 07-27-2017 02:04 PM

Chicken's Crosstrek

So pulled the trigger last night and put an order in for a 2018. Put the deposit down and it should be here in a month give or take.

Ill keep this first post open as a currently list of whats done. Everything starts in the next post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Modification list
As of: 2/24/2018

Engine
-Bone stock lol

Wheels/Tires
-Method Race Wheels 15x7+15
-BF Goodrich KO2 235/75/15
-full size matching 5th wheel

Suspension
-OEM struts and springs
-ADF 1.5" lift and multi link spacer kit

Interior Modifications
-Weathertech all-weather floor mats
-Diodedynamics LEDs
---map/dome - "Cool white" in SMF6 (94 lumens)
---cargo - "Cool white" in SMD12 Board (118 lumens)
---rear license - "Pure White 5k" and "HP5 92 lumens"
-Custom paneled S-tech 6 dual LED rocker switches (Team Tech Offroad)
-BDR Fabrication custom shift knob
-Raingler cargo net/dog barrier

Exterior Modifications
-Full front clip clear bra by Detail Maniac
-Body side molding
-Rear bumper cover
-STi roof spoiler
-Lamin-x yellow fog light tint
-Door handle CF guards
-Rokblokz mudflaps
-KC Cyclone retrofitted rear reflectors
-32" LED light bar behind lower grill
-Partial Laminx rear tail lights
-Window deflectors
-Primitive racing engine and trans skid plates

Miscellaneous
-Yakima Loadwarrior (w/ extension) and 32" LED light bar
--3 KC Cyclones mounted to rear of basket
-Auto-dimming mirror with homelink
-Hardwired/mounted Beltronics RX65 Pro
-35% front window tint, 45% windshield
-Hardwired/mounted Rexing V1P front/rear dash cam

stupidchicken03 07-27-2017 02:04 PM

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4307/...222438dd_k.jpg

2018 Premium Crystal White Pearl with 6-speed manual with black interior.

Add-ons straight from the dealer are going to be:
-Sunshade
-Auto-dimming mirror with homelink
-Body side molding
-Rear bumper cover
-All weather floor mats
-STi roof spoiler
-crossbars
-rear seat back protector

The main reason I wanted the side molding was 1) it will help with door dings in parking lots B) I plan on getting the whole front clip and the first half of the doors clear bra'd. I think the molding will be a nice "line" to bring the clear bra up to and somewhat hide the edge along most of the doors.

Plan on ordering a few other things over the next month to already have a small pile of stuff to throw on. Updates will be coming :D

Garhauer 07-27-2017 02:51 PM

Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawford Performance 07-28-2017 12:27 AM

Congrats on the order!

AWDfreak 07-28-2017 01:06 AM

The body side modlings are 100% worth it! They prevented a direct door-ding by some dingus (pun intended) who partially left their Cadillac Escalade's driver door partially open on a windy, gusty day in Sacramento. I returned to find the Cadillac's door had slammed my passenger-side front door, thankfully, only damaging the body side molding.

stupidchicken03 07-28-2017 01:34 PM

^ Yes for sure sounds worth it! A lot easier to repair/replace/repaint those moldings that a door.

stupidchicken03 08-25-2017 01:54 PM

Got an email from SOA late last night/early this morning.

Got my VIN number assigned to the car and should expect it available on/before September 18th :)

AWDfreak 08-25-2017 06:19 PM

Hmmm, perhaps I may get an opportunity to test drive a 6MT around late September also. Even though I don't exactly plan to replace my 2nd gen Subaru XV, I can't help but be curious how the new one drives.

Also, factory sunshade is worth the money too. Most people settle for a cheap generic one with a one size fits most, but in a place like Sacramento, a properly-fitting sunshade makes a big difference in keeping interior temperatures lower.

stupidchicken03 08-25-2017 06:38 PM

I should have the car at this years BAM if you're going (ive been every year since 08).

Sunshade is a MUST! In the STi i shelled out and paid like $70 for a custom fit one for that windshield and its been amazing. Having no AC in the car, I have tinted windows (even the windshield), use the sunscreen and try to park in a shady spot as often as possible.

AWDfreak 08-25-2017 07:13 PM

I'm not so sure I may make BAM this year with my current work schedule. Last year I had service and/or work get in the way. The year before, I was called into state emergency active duty standby status while having fun at BAM 2015 (needless to say, I wasn't happy being told I had to "standby").

If we both attend BAM 2017, I would greatly appreciate it if I could check out your new Crosstrek, and if it's not too much to ask for, perhaps even a test drive.