No ports or vents in rear? WHAT? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Limited -Orange
Default No ports or vents in rear? WHAT?

I've had my 2019 LTD for a little over a year. Have never been in the back personally. I had my two 11 yr old nephews last weekend. As soon as we got on the road, both of the little f*ckers started asking where the USB ports were, and where the vents for the A/C were. I just told them to look for them, they were there. LOL..I assumed they were there anyway.
When we got home, I looked and was like...WTF? I'm really confused about this car. They made the XV, IMO, for a younger sect of the driving population. Why in the hell would you not have USB ports and A/C - Heat vents in the back?!? Our other 2 vehicles that are a couple of yrs older even have these.
I also discovered on this trip that the cruise control controls don't work as well as my 2015 XV's. You used to be able to control acceleration and coasting from the steering wheel. My 2019 once the cruise is set at 75 (or whatever), and you hit the set button to slow down, when you release it, it doesn't set the speed to what you are!!!! And when you push the button up, you don't accelerate!
Have to be honest, my 2015 was a better vehicle in some respects than this 2019. Will keep this until 2020 then it's out of here.

keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2018 Limited

Well, in all honesty you should have inspected a floor model to make sure it ticked all your boxes. I just use the resume button on mine to resume the speed I had it set to. On the bright side, you only have 12 more months to drive it before you are out of here.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:17 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Sport CVT - DGM

Guess a test drive would've been a good idea......
GSBoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBoorman View Post
Guess a test drive would've been a good idea......
Who would think during the test drive to check that? Considering my 2015 VX, and my 2012 Outback Sport worked the way they are supposed to, I couldn't imagine that a 2019 would have ANYTHING inferior to past models.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Well, in all honesty you should have inspected a floor model to make sure it ticked all your boxes. I just use the resume button on mine to resume the speed I had it set to. On the bright side, you only have 12 more months to drive it before you are out of here.
Probably right. I just assumed when I told them to load me up with EVERY accessory that they could with the Limited, that something so basic would have been there.

There's really no bright side for me. (Obviously me being out of here would make you happy. lol)
I really enjoyed being a Subaru owner these past 3 models. (Well the 2 previous cars anyway.) I see my old 2015 5spd almost everyday on my way to the office. In the back of my mind, I keep saying maybe he'll want to swap!
Old 08-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2018 Limited

I have a limited as well and I was really disappointed that there were no USB ports in the rear seats or a 12 V socket in the rear cargo area. I can live without the rear vents but come on this is supposed to be an adventure vehicle.... no 12 volt socket in cargo area ? Piff
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
I have a limited as well and I was really disappointed that there were no USB ports in the rear seats or a 12 V socket in the rear cargo area. I can live without the rear vents but come on this is supposed to be an adventure vehicle.... no 12 volt socket in cargo area ? Piff
Off topic...but on your profile/car pic you show your XV having the yellow fogs. Are those the overlays? Or did you do the LED Amber lamps? I had the overlays on my 2015 and they looked great too!
I'm thinking about the overlays again for this LTD while I still have her.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:39 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek

He upgraded his to, I believe, Baja Designs LED fog lights.

I put overlays on mine. And later on upgraded to LED bulbs after one of my stock ones burnt out.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Sport CVT - DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwceb2 View Post
Who would think during the test drive to check that? Considering my 2015 VX, and my 2012 Outback Sport worked the way they are supposed to, I couldn't imagine that a 2019 would have ANYTHING inferior to past models.
Well a test drive wouldn't show you vents or usb ports in the rear, that requires looking at it in the showroom. But testing the cruise on a test drive would've.

I have a 2019 Trek, and my cruise works fine. Press Res/+ and it speeds up.

Coming from a 2012 Outback I can see how you'd "expect" more in a 2019, however it's not the Outback, it's a Crosstrek. The "budget" SUV hatchback. My Outback has a lot more bells & whistles than my Trek too.
GSBoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBoorman View Post
Well a test drive wouldn't show you vents or usb ports in the rear, that requires looking at it in the showroom. But testing the cruise on a test drive would've.

I have a 2019 Trek, and my cruise works fine. Press Res/+ and it speeds up.

Coming from a 2012 Outback I can see how you'd "expect" more in a 2019, however it's not the Outback, it's a Crosstrek. The "budget" SUV hatchback. My Outback has a lot more bells & whistles than my Trek too.
It never would dawn on me to check the cruise. ONLY because I figured it would EXACTLY the same as my old 2015.

I've been buying the XV's only because I really like the way they look. (Past and present) If I stay with the Subaru family next year, I will be going to the Outback for a change.
Thanks,
Keith