Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Part of the reason I got a Crosstrek...

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Sancho 
#1 ·
I know it's not a huge SUV, but it's hard to get this in a lot of other cars that also have AWD and get 25mpg.

Not the best picture, but these boxes took up quite a bit of space.

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Living in Reno, NV, we are very close to the Sierra Mountains and get some pretty nasty weather. I drive a 2004 Wrangler daily and go offroading on the weekends.... I have my 4x4. My bride was driving a 2007 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. Often times she would have to head to Sacramento over Donner Pass on I80 ( Lake Tahoe ) through the mountains in the winter without me on ocassion and I was very uncomfortable with that, knowing she only had FWD and possibly needed to mount up the cables.

The timing was right and I had been doing my research on AWD's, and the Crosstrek was everything I wanted. I built one online about 6 months ago and saved the build. When the local dealership finally got one, we raced down to see it. Unfortunately is was sold by the time we got there and so were the 3 inbound XV's. They couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for people to see them or test drive them.

I finally went down on 13 Feb with build sheet in hand to compare... they had 4... 3 premiums and 1 Limited. I couldn't believe it... the build sheet in my hand had every option installed on the only Limited they had... even the color and back seat protectors.

We test drove it for the first time and had 6 miles on the clock. We both fell in love and filled out the paperwork that night and picked it up on 14 Feb on our way to dinner. 'Happy Valentine's Day , sweetheart!"

Roomy.... comfortable.... easy and fun to drive... all the creature comforts a person could want.... AWD... SAFE.... We love it. I haven't bought a brand new vehicle since 1993 and always used to 'settle' on what was available. I didn't have to this time! It's perfect!

I am already thinking of my next Subie..... lol I feel very confident and at ease with the XV... knowing my bride will be safe and every way possible behind the wheel.

#6 ·
Xtrekr said:
Living in Reno, NV, we are very close to the Sierra Mountains and get some pretty nasty weather. I drive a 2004 Wrangler daily and go offroading on the weekends.... I have my 4x4. My bride was driving a 2007 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta. Often times she would have to head to Sacramento over Donner Pass on I80 ( Lake Tahoe ) through the mountains in the winter without me on ocassion and I was very uncomfortable with that, knowing she only had FWD and possibly needed to mount up the cables.

The timing was right and I had been doing my research on AWD's, and the Crosstrek was everything I wanted. I built one online about 6 months ago and saved the build. When the local dealership finally got one, we raced down to see it. Unfortunately is was sold by the time we got there and so were the 3 inbound XV's. They couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for people to see them or test drive them.

I finally went down on 13 Feb with build sheet in hand to compare... they had 4... 3 premiums and 1 Limited. I couldn't believe it... the build sheet in my hand had every option installed on the only Limited they had... even the color and back seat protectors.

We test drove it for the first time and had 6 miles on the clock. We both fell in love and filled out the paperwork that night and picked it up on 14 Feb on our way to dinner. 'Happy Valentine's Day , sweetheart!"

Roomy.... comfortable.... easy and fun to drive... all the creature comforts a person could want.... AWD... SAFE.... We love it. I haven't bought a brand new vehicle since 1993 and always used to 'settle' on what was available. I didn't have to this time! It's perfect!

I am already thinking of my next Subie..... lol I feel very confident and at ease with the XV... knowing my bride will be safe and every way possible behind the wheel.

Great story, glad you guys love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.