Thinking of buying a crosstrek - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Go Back   Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums > Club Crosstrek Community > Crosstrek Community Discussions

Old 11-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #1

Default Thinking of buying a crosstrek

I am looking at purchasing a Crosstrek. Up until now I have been driving a manual transmission vehicle. Recent knee replacement is making me think of moving to a vehicle with an automatic transmission. I would like Navigation and a sunroof. I drive about 10k a year and a certified vehicle would be a plus.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for when inspecting the car. Any troublesome areas that I should pay particular attention to any are any years better than others?

Thanks in advance.

mikeeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Limited -Orange

Go for the 2018 or 2019 Limited. My 2019 came with a great nav package.
This is my 3rd Subaru, but my first automatic transmission. The CVT in the Crosstreks SUCK if you are used to driving a manual. They really do. I've been at my whit's end with it. Even stopped using it as my daily driver until a friend suggested that I try the paddle shifters!! Bingo!! Still not as good as the actual manual, but certainly better than the blue-hair special automatic CVT.
There are SO many more things right about the Crosstrek than wrong. Hope you join the Crosstrek family!
Regards,
Keith
keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwceb2 View Post
Go for the 2018 or 2019 Limited. My 2019 came with a great nav package.
This is my 3rd Subaru, but my first automatic transmission. The CVT in the Crosstreks SUCK if you are used to driving a manual. They really do. I've been at my whit's end with it. Even stopped using it as my daily driver until a friend suggested that I try the paddle shifters!! Bingo!! Still not as good as the actual manual, but certainly better than the blue-hair special automatic CVT.
There are SO many more things right about the Crosstrek than wrong. Hope you join the Crosstrek family!
Regards,
Keith
Thanks for the advice. I have set my sights on a Limited and will see if I can swing for a 18 or 19.
mikeeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Limited -Orange

Excellent! Good luck in the search.
Follow-up and let's see it once you find it.
Regards,
Keith
keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote