Want Some Awesome Tires. Suggestions? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Go Back   Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums > Club Crosstrek Community > Crosstrek Community Discussions

Old 04-27-2019, 01:57 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited, Satin White Pearl
Question Want Some Awesome Tires. Suggestions?

Hi all! I got some new tires for my girl. Beautiful set of tires. They are the Yokohama AVID Ascend GTís. (https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/avid-ascend ).Theyíre just not my style. I shoulda done the Geolanders. (Grrr).

I think Iíve put a total of 500 miles on them so far. Iím going to give it a shot, and maybe the dealer will let me trade them in. Donít think thatís gonna happen, so Iíll probably have to sell them somehow.

Anyway, I want different tires. So, what kinda tires are you guys putting on your XVs? Also, has anybody put 18ís or 20ís on (and didnít have to put a lift kit on. LOL). I need some suggestions and input from you guys, so hoping you can help! Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I'm going to run some Toyo Tires Celsius CUV tires when I finish mobbing around with my BFGoodrich g-force Sport-COMP2 high performance summer tires. I'll still run the P225/55R17 stock tire size so I can still accommodate winter traction devices and maintain mud clearance.

They are advertised as a grand touring tire with the specific trait of being 3PMSF certified. Meaning, it will do better in ice and snow than a typical M+S rated tire.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:42 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited, Satin White Pearl

Thanks for the info! I check them out.
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #4

Continental, DWS06. One of the best year round tires I've ever driven (and I'm old).

Sent from my Crosstrek
trekbrat is offline   Reply With Quote