Windshield Cracking issues?!? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Limited -Orange
Default Windshield Cracking issues?!?

I've been hearing a lot of chatter lately about windshields spontaneously cracking in 2018-19 Outbacks due to defects. Up until today, I had not heard anything about our XVs.

Has anyone experienced this issue with their CrossTrek? Despite the numerous complaints, Subaru dealerships seems to be blaming the customers. Even the ones that have been back for the 2nd and even 3rd time!

This is just one one of many articles on this issue:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...82803_ds994225

Regards,
Keith

keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Limited - Silver

Been reading that the Forester has a "weak" windshield also. Mine is a '16 and no issues to date. I hope when my Crosstrek is built in a few weeks that a get a "tough" one.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:38 AM   #3

Default I replaced my windshield

I received a small chip on my windshield and it quickly cracked and spread from the middle to the edge within 10 minutes. It was expensive to replace too.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 08:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I received a small chip on my windshield and it quickly cracked and spread from the middle to the edge within 10 minutes. It was expensive to replace too.
Hi, not sure where you are, but most insurance will replace the windshield and waive the deductible if cracked.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
trekbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:47 PM   #5

Default Had mine replaced

Had a 15 XV & the windshield started cracking from the bottom up on passenger side, fought like hell with dealership, got it replaced under warranty, but they fought it till I got my way. The service guy literally took a pen & tried to create a spot to say it was a rock issue.
cartermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Tangerine Pearl

I have replaced my windshield on my 2013 MT twice. there is currently a crack that needs replacing again... of course, that one happened about 3 days after a new windshield was installed. Mine have all been due to rocks hitting the windshield, but the glass cracks instantly. No chip initially that you can get sealed, just rock, then crack, then the crack grows. The two replacement windshields have been through Safelite, not the dealership. I have never had a cracked windshield previously, so it seems like the quality of the glass is poor.

Krista
Premium, Manual
k2gdub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Tangerine Pearl

I have replaced my windshield on my 2013 MT twice. there is currently a crack that needs replacing again... of course, that one happened about 3 days after a new windshield was installed. Mine have all been due to rocks hitting the windshield, but the glass cracks instantly. No chip initially that you can get sealed, just rock, then crack, then the crack grows. The two replacement windshields have been through Safelite, not the dealership. I have never had a cracked windshield previously, so it seems like the quality of the glass is poor.

Krista
Premium, Manual
k2gdub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #8

I had to replace my windshield on my 2014 Crosstrek 1x so far. Crack started from the bottom up, no rock / debris/ impact of any kind. Just splintered up one day.
Chowda69 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Long term testing | - »