Another new and first time Subaru owner - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek Venetian Red, 2012 Accord, 2013 Fiat 500
Default Another new and first time Subaru owner

I bought my Crosstrek last Black Friday. I'm curious to know from others how much of a deal they got.

I've always admired Subaru but it never crossed my mind to own one. I was shopping for a Mazda CX-5 and when they didn't have what I wanted, my salesman said check this out. It was love at first sight, but I did not want to make a decision right there. I've never even heard of Crosstrek before then.

The next 3 weeks was spent obsessing on internet reviews and multiple dealership weekend test drives. After reading mixed reviews, even the negative ones, I still coveted this car. After considering 6 cars from 3 dealerships, nobody would budge off MSRP. I was thinking to myself, I will not go down in history as the guy who paid MSRP.

After deciding on a Red Premium, the dealership was holding strong on MSRP. I threatened to walk out and go for the CX-5 from another dealership. Sales manager came back $500 less. I said not good enough, the car may be in demand, but I am taking a chance on an unproven model. They came back $1000 less than MSRP and we shook hands. I was so relieved because I wasn't sure they would call my bluff.

Anyway, for those who paid MSRP, don't feel bad. I came across a slide show from AOL Autos a few days after I bought the XV Crosstrek. It was at the top of the list as the worst new car deal of November 2012, avering 0.85% off sticker price.

I also saw a video from msn.com today and they compared the XV Crosstrek with a 2013 Audi A4 and a Volvo 2012 XC70, which I thought was quite flattering.

XVEwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #2

Default Re: Another new and first time Subaru owner

Nice man. Congrats!
Twist2Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #3

No pictures?
Thelosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #4

My Vehicle: White Pearl XV Crosstrek Touring Model with 5 speed.

Well done, I got mine for $900 under plus I talked them into giving me a hood deflector. I wanted them to throw in floor mats as well, but they wouldn't.
Got One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #5

Can you guys post your dealership info and state?
dboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #6

I bought mine October 20th from Subaru of Glendale (CA). I basically lumped in tax, tag, title into the deal and refused to pay the markup over MSRP. So basically saved $2400 (or so).

This time of year dealers are eager to sell to help their end of year figures. Plus Subaru has a lot of dealer incentives for new models and they offer 2.9% financing on Crosstreks. So if I was doing it again now that ll dealers have them I would play hard ball between two local dealers. At the time the dealer I bought from was the only one to have them in stock and I needed a car pretty fast.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #7

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek Venetian Red, 2012 Accord, 2013 Fiat 500

Can I just say that I live in Mercer County, NJ and ended up buying in Bucks County, PA.? There were 3 dealerships within 8 miles from me. There was an ad in the paper today from Coleman Subaru in Ewing, NJ, and they listed every Subaru in their inventory except for the Crosstrek.
XVEwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVEwing
Can I just say that I live in Mercer County, NJ and ended up buying in Bucks County, PA.? There were 3 dealerships within 8 miles from me. There was an ad in the paper today from Coleman Subaru in Ewing, NJ, and they listed every Subaru in their inventory except for the Crosstrek.
still seems most dealerships either don't have them or DO have them but haven't really incorporated them into their full system yet. hopefully by the spring theyll be popping up everywhere.
CouchPotato is offline   Reply With Quote