Checking in from Western Michigan - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Premium Venitian Red Pearl
Default Checking in from Western Michigan

So far I've put 2100 miles on my new 2013 Venitian Red Crosstrek Premium CVT. She replaced a base RAV 4 I had leased cheap when folks were complaining about them running out of control. Never fell in love with that vehicle, but she was a rational choice to fit my needs at a good price point ... Blah!

We like backpacking, hiking, fishing, canoeing. We have a big yard and a motorcycle ... So we wanted something that will get us to the trail head, or further back to a camp site, and to pull a light trailer full of yard waste, compost, or a motorcycle. Looked at all the competition, and then made the long drive to the closest Subaru dealer. Mary wanted to look at the Outback, I wanted to look at the Forester. We test drove both, were both leaning towards the Forester when the salesman suggested we drive the Crosstrek. Fell in love with it right away. Folks complain about the acceleration, I found it more than adequate. Nice bunch of standard features that would raise the price of other vehicles thru the roof. Living in Michigan, I'm a big fan of heated seats ...

My Mom had one of the first AWD Subaru wagons back in the mid 70's. I suspect she's smiling down on this purchase ...

It came with the Gentech mirror, wx mats all around, and the matching protectors on the back of the seats. Got a trailer hitch installed. Bought the round, roof-top crossbars.

Just got back from a 1400 mile trip on the slab. Got 29-30 mph at ~70mph. About what I expected. May have been better without the crossbars ...

Kinda disappointed in the voice interface to the bluetooth. At highway speed, I was unable to get her to recognize a dial by number no matter how well I Ee-Nun-See-A-Ted. Maybe it was the wind noise from those crossbars? And, I hate having to populate the contact list by voice. Our base model Ford Fiesta downloads our phone's contact list every time we get in the car. That keeps it current, and allows a dial by name for everyone we know. A better solution imo.

Wish the 12V power ports stayed powered on when the ignition's off. The Rav4 forum geeks figured out a hack involving shorting two contacts on a relay to keep power flowing ...

Noted that the Euro version offers a 6 spd manual? And now a turbo diesel? If I could get both those in the same package, that'd be my next vehicle ... Put some better shocks on her, maybe a beefier anti-sway bar, brush guard, skid plates, aux lighting ...

L.Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Tangerine Pearl
Default Re: Checking in from Western Michigan

Hey! Welcome! I'm in Mid-Michigan with my TOP. Glad to hear you're loving the XV.

Krista
Premium, Manual
k2gdub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013, Premium, Dark Gray Metallic

Hi and Welcome! Not many Subie dealers with stock of XV's in W MI. Ours came from Delta in GR. Still don't see many on the road.
mifiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited Ice Silver

Welcome L.Dog,

I think you'll enjoy your XV, it will be a great car for those Western Michigan winters.
bradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2014 Sky Blue Mica Mazda CX-5

Welcome to the forum.

Scott
Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #6

My Vehicle: XV Limited Khaki

Hello and welcome
44Dan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #7

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

Welcome to the club. I was over hanging out in Grand Haven a few weeks ago and checked out Bell's in Kalamazoo/Comstock too. Saw a red XV like yours in Lansing. We dont get the snow like you do but I'll be sure and test out the AWD in some wet Georgia red clay. You have a beautiful state.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Tangerine Pearl

Mmmm, Bells....
Premium, Manual
k2gdub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the purchase and glad to hear you're loving it.

Thank you for signing up.