Greetings From Cincinnati, Ohio - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT with navigation, Tangerine Orange Pearl
Default Greetings From Cincinnati, Ohio

Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio! My wife and I just purchased our first new Subaru, ever. We picked up a 2013 XV Crosstrek Premium with CVT and navigation in Tangerine Orange Pearl. After years of driving dark blue and black cars, we decided to get a color that is a bit more in-your-face. What drew us to Subaru include its history of building automobiles with high crash test ratings (we have a five year old daughter) and a history of building very reliable automobiles.

I would not consider our family to be great outdoors people, but we do like to visit our local city and county parks, enjoy the occasional camping trip, and I personally like to run. I am slowly getting our daughter into running, as well. ;D

We also have in our stable a 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander GT. This is our vacation vehicle, while the Crosstrek will be our around-the-town and occasional weekend trip vehicle.

Alright. After my long-winded introduction, I want to conclude by stating I'm happy to be a part of this community and look forward to many discussions about our Subies. I have discovered that there are a plethora of accessories for the Crosstrek and look forward to adding to ours!

XV del sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.
Default Re: Greetings From Cincinnati, Ohio

Hello and Welcome! The XV is my first venture into owning a Subaru also. I am at 15 K miles and very pleased with its "do everything" attitude- From pulling our jetski to driving 700 miles round trip to the mountains. One thing we like on the site is pictures, so when you get a chance throw some up! Enjoy 8)
Old 06-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome to the site, del sol! You say this is your first "new" Subaru, does that mean you've had a Suby in the past? Regardless, it seems like your new Crosstrek will fit you perfectly. Not everyone needs AWD and higher ride height for an outdoors lifestyle as both features also prove useful in everyday city driving.

Thanks for signing up and, as Ruby said, we would love some pics if you've got them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Premium CVT with navigation, Tangerine Orange Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySu
Hello and Welcome! The XV is my first venture into owning a Subaru also. I am at 15 K miles and very pleased with its "do everything" attitude- From pulling our jetski to driving 700 miles round trip to the mountains. One thing we like on the site is pictures, so when you get a chance throw some up! Enjoy 8)
Thank you for your warm welcome. I certainly will post pictures, soon. I have already taken a few with my iPhone. Three days after picking up the XV, I washed and waxed her. Of course I had to take a few pics. She looked great!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
Welcome to the site, del sol! You say this is your first "new" Subaru, does that mean you've had a Suby in the past? Regardless, it seems like your new Crosstrek will fit you perfectly. Not everyone needs AWD and higher ride height for an outdoors lifestyle as both features also prove useful in everyday city driving.

Thanks for signing up and, as Ruby said, we would love some pics if you've got them!
Thank you for your message, ClubCrosstrek. I know I am going to like this site. A lot of useful information for a new XV owner to digest.

To answer your question, this is my first Subaru, new or used. After test driving a well-equipped Impreza, Subaru quickly moved to the top of my list of new cars to replace my 2011 Buick Regal. I had fully intended picking up a new Impreza Sport. Then I saw sitting in the showroom, a Tangerine Orange Pearl XV. It looked so cool, I decided it had to be my next new car. I am very happy with my purchase, as is my wife. I think it will fit our needs quite well.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by XV
Thank you for your message, ClubCrosstrek. I know I am going to like this site. A lot of useful information for a new XV owner to digest.

To answer your question, this is my first Subaru, new or used. After test driving a well-equipped Impreza, Subaru quickly moved to the top of my list of new cars to replace my 2011 Buick Regal. I had fully intended picking up a new Impreza Sport. Then I saw sitting in the showroom, a Tangerine Orange Pearl XV. It looked so cool, I decided it had to be my next new car. I am very happy with my purchase, as is my wife. I think it will fit our needs quite well.
The tangerine will do that you ! Welcome!