Greetings from MARYLAND, USA! - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #11

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal Black Silica/Ivory Leather/Moon/Nav
Default Re: Greetings from MARYLAND, USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VariousPositions
Looks great! I have pics of my window tint job
http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/t....html#msg11605
Got it done at Sunbusters in New Carollton MD, $95 with lifetime warranty (I got the feeling I could have negotiated but the price seemed reasonable so I went with it, I wanted the guy to be committed to doing it right). It's a greasy low tech shop but has good reviews on Yelp and they use a "forum-approved" tint (Global QDP 20). Possibly illegally dark but haven't had any trouble.
Your car looks great! Hmm, my tint job was completed they other day. I went to Tint FX in Fairfax, VA (they had superb Yelp reviews). You only paid $95?! I got 18% ALL AROUND - so the back windows and windshield are now more like 10%. Also got a 5% front windsheild strip. I know, I'll post pictures soon! They used SunTek CXP18. Total cost was $371. Ouch. Lifetime warranty and they appear to have done a thorough job. Hand-cut and they took all my door panels off when installed to ensure there were no "gaps."
My last car's tint had major "gap" problems from Performance Window Tinting in Columbia, MD. They did NOT remove my door planels when installing. I had to make them re-do it because of the gaps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #12

My Vehicle: 2013 Premium Dark Grey

Yes I considered Tint FX, they do have great reviews. I got lazy and didn't feel like driving all the way out there, but am pleased with the job. I bet yours looks great, and you didn't pay much more than I did per window. With tint jobs only time will tell whether there's bubbling or discoloring. So your car is now totally illegal, you're an outlaw! :-)
VariousPositions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #13

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal Black Silica/Ivory Leather/Moon/Nav

HAHA I know it's soooo illegal. I just don't like people looking at me. I had 20% on my last car for over nine years and never had issues with cops. I certainly was pulled over numerous times for speeding, but I always play the window rolling game, even in the dead of winter, and am super polite to the cops. Being a chick probably helps too. My last car's interior was black, and the XV's is ivory, which definitely makes it not as dark looking? At least let me believe that. :P I'll post some pics as soon as I... 1) wash my car again and wax her, 2) mount my permanent license plates (front plastic bracket & bumpshox). My Ohio temporaries expire 8/28 so I better make a move this weekend! At least I have the plates in hand...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreCrosstrek
Hey there! I'm in Baltimore (thus the name). Just purchased my White 2013 XV Crosstrek limited a few days ago. It has all of the same details as yours - just a different color. And I LOVE It! It took some time for the dealer to find what I wanted. They did a trade with a dealer in southern Virginia - lucky me! Nice to chat with a fellow Marlander!
Have you been in Silver Spring this month on 2nd Ave? I spotted a white XV theree about two weeks ago. Only the second one I've seen here in our parts!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #15

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited Ice Silver

Greetings and welcome to the forum!
I think you'll like it here among fellow Crosstrekers.... Bought your XV in Boardman? You should have buzzed right up Route 11 to Lake Erie, made a right, looked to the left and waved!
I probably was in my yard in North Kingsville washing my Ice Silver XV. I bought mine in Erie Pa. Enjoy yourself here!
bradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #16

Default Greetings from MARYLAND, USA!

And the sticker is up! I'm saving the second one for when this one starts peeling off due to the elements.

Note Ohio temporary tags (yes, bought XV in Boardman) and the dark-as-eff back windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #17

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Looks good!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #18

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Hooray for MD! See you on the road!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #19

It just broke my heart to drill into my XV. Prepping her for the (required) front license plates in our free line state. My temp OH tags expire tmrw! Yup, you bet I'm waiting until the last minute!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #20

So tell me if I'm going overboard, but to further protect my XV from incompetent DC parallel-parkers, I applied a couple of bumper corner guards today. www.bumptek.com
I got the small 14" ones. It's a set of four, but I only put two in the front. Kept looking at the rear bumper and just thought that 1) It'd look really dumb/over the top on the rear 2) The plastic cladding should suffice 3) The rear bumper corner angles are too sharp for secure application. So I left the rear alone.
Thoughts, anyone? Next stop, bubble wrap the entire car. Sike.