Greetings from the WetCoast of Canada - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-10-2019, 04:53 AM   #1

My Vehicle: MY2014 XV Crosstrek Sport
Default Greetings from the WetCoast of Canada

Introducing my 2014 XV Crosstrek Sport CVT in glorious Ice Silver Metallic! This is a huge upgrade from my 2003 Corolla CE both in terms of functionality and style points, and gets a tiny bit better gas mileage too, so I'm loving it since becoming the second owner in February 2018. I'm no automobile pro, and actually hide indoors most of the year doing IT consulting and listening to music, but I've been wanting to explore my island a little more, so I began hunting for a Crosstrek.

What I discovered during my search was that no one wants to sell their Crosstreks because they're such good cars and they're expensive brand new, at least comparatively speaking. Luckily I was able to find someone who just ordered a new MY18 Crosstrek Premium from the local dealership who was now selling their old 2014 Sport CVT for a decent price, and in excellent condition too. It's got a few bumper dings, and some scratches on the interior from their dog, but I was happy after 2 test drives since they were the original owners and the main driver worked for the government.

Brought it home at the start of February 2018, and managed to sell my Corolla within the same week to be someone else's first car along with my set of winter tires and rims. Since then I've taken it up the ski hill twice, "detailed" it myself via a gentle handwash and vacuum, and installed some black Aluminum license plate covers.

My current modification plans for the future involve some quality of life stuff, along with the eventual luxury of upgrading the sound.
  • All Weather Floor Mats (probably huskyliners)
  • Rally Armor Mudflaps (I'm thinking in black)
  • Mini 0906 Dashcam (front + rear, it's sitting on my desk, ready for installation)
  • Alpine Type-R speakers (this one's going to be very involved, as I need a custom wiring harness to not damage the existing wiring, a line out converter, and a plan to run 6 speakers total, plus a sub.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-01-20 14.51.46.jpg (95.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-02-18 10.06.17.jpg (98.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-02-18 12.00.59.jpg (93.6 KB, 6 views)

kirashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2019, 03:29 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2019 Limited/EyeSight

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig mate.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:34 AM   #3

My Vehicle: MY2014 XV Crosstrek Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogen Man View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig mate.
Thanks! Happy to be part of the "club" as now I understand what everyone raves over when it comes to using Subaru's AWD to have an amaginz time exploring offroad areas.

Unfortunately my baby is experiencing the annoying but seemingly easy to fix problem with the Oil Control Valves, even though they're supposed to have been fixed starting with MY2014 vehicles.

https://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums...hts-10407.html

I'm sure it'll work out though, either via my mechanic, or via me finding a place to acquire the parts at a reasonable price in Canada. Either way, I still love my Crosstrek.
kirashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, canada, crosstrek, westcoast