Hello from Baltimore! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek, limited edition, satin white.
Default Hello from Baltimore!

Just purchased my 2013 Crosstrek limited, white, on Thursday! I absolutely love it! So - here is my story. I purchased a 2007 Outback Sport when it came out. It was green with tan cloth interior. I loved that car, until the day it died. I replaced it with an Impreza Premium Sport in January 2013. I knew I would get a Subaru, but there were no Crosstreks to be had. While I liked the 2013 Impreza, it was not what I wanted. So - 7 months later - I traded it in for the Crosstrek limited in white. What I got: leather, nav system, backup cam, moon roof, all-weather mats, a cargo net, rear bumper cover, splash guards... ordered the body side molding at a discounted price. Paid invoice for this car. THIS is the car I wanted. Again, the Impreza Premium Sport is great - but the Crosstrek is fantastic! So, I'm in a unique position to compare/contract the two. The Crosstrek ride is more comfortable (sitting up higher is a big plus). Thus far the mpg is actually a little bit better than the Impreza - which is a surprise. The Crosstrek feels larger inside - though I'm not sure if that is in fact reality. But for this, perception is reality. Bottom line - I have wanted a white Subaru since I saw the US Ski Team commercials by Subaru in the 1980s - they always featured a white legacy driving up the snow covered mountain. Now - I have my white Subaru - and I could not be more happy! I looked at the Outback - too big for me. The Forester - seems too much like a "family" car - though I'm sure they are both fantastic! I've gotten comments wherever I drive (what is that? the wheels are cool). I pulled into a local starbucks - and I'm not sure if I was happy or not - but I parked next the twin of my car - same color and all! It's the only other one I've seen to date. Anyway - I've been reading a lot on here - looking forward to learning more - and to driving more!

BmoreCrosstrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited Ice Silver
Default Re: Hello from Baltimore!

Welcome to Club Crosstrek!

I'm sure you'll like it here.. I traded in a 2012 Impreza Limited hatchback in on my XV Crosstrek. You nailed it! Yes the height and ride are much better in the Crosstrek. My wife and I traveled about 550 miles one way to visit our daughter. We did that round trip about 5 times in just a few months. While traveling it got really tough getting up and sitting way back down in the Impreza at rest stops. The Crosstrek solved that problem.

As nice a the Impreza was, we like the Crosstrek much better.

bradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #3

My Vehicle: MY15 Forester 2.5i S (White) & MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L (Black)

Hi and welcome to the best colour Subaru has made family lol
Great. Choice
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Welcome to the club! I went to school in Baltimore, and am not too far away still today.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal Black Silica/Ivory Leather/Moon/Nav

Welcome, neighbor! I'm in MoCo. We have the same model, except mine is black.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited CVT , 2008 Honda Ridgline

You nailed it Bmore. I also traded my 2012 Impreza 11 months after I bought it for a 2103 Crosstrek.
GT-Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #7

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome to the site! I looked at the Impreza but it just felt 'meh' to me, especially compared to the Crosstrek. Congrats on the purchase and thank you for signing up.