Hello from Boulder Creek, CA - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #1

My Vehicle: Subaru XV Crosstrek 2014 Desert Kahki 5MT
Default Hello from Boulder Creek, CA

Hello all.
I was in the market for a another vehicle mostly for commuting that had good MPG and hopefully AWD to share the mileage with my other vehicles (2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtra cab V6 4WD, and a 1987 Bertone/Fiat X1/9)

After building several possible models using Subaru's online Build Configurator, lurking here as a guest (Thanks Crosstrek.com ,reading numerous reviews, and watching countless You Tube videos, I decided to go into the dealer and see the XV Crosstrek for myself.

My opinion is that it's quite a sporty looking but extremely functional and well thought out vehicle. I was also considering the Impreza, but in my opinion, the XV Crosstrek has the correct ride height and a good looking stance, where the Impreza at least to me, appears lowered. After a thorough walk around and check out, The salesman and I took a test drive to put the car through it's paces. Long story short, I was totally impressed and ending up buying the car!

I bought a 2014 model in Desert khaki and with the 5speed manual gearbox. I know most people bought the CVT model, but for me that's just not an option. I've driven a stick shift for 27 years now, and am also a control freak. The acceleration while not stunning, is more than adequate for me. I'm also a Porsche mechanic so I know what fast is being that I get to drive scary fast cars like the 996 GT2, and while the thought of a XV with a WRX STI motor would definitely be cool, it's not an option, plus it certainly would suffer in gas mileage.
Crosstrek.com is is great resource and I look forward to many happy miles in my new XV Crosstrek and wish everybody here many happy miles in there XV Crosstreks and Happy Holidays. (Picture to come)

PS> My family go's way back with Subaru. We started out with a 1969 Subaru FF1, and then moved up to a 1974 Subaru GL coupe. As a young boy, I remember while being in the dealership with my parents, having an eye on a dealer promo for kids which was a Subaru Brat go kart.

Sport14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Ltd Blue
Default Re: Hello from Boulder Creek, CA

Welcome- sounds like you were pulled in like many of us..a great combo of sportiness, gas mileage, and driving funů

Enjoy!!

RR