Hello from Chico, CA - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #1

Default Hello from Chico, CA

Hello. I'm hoping to buy a Crosstrek when teh 2014's come out. I realize they likely won't have any changes over the 2013's, expecially since they've had the Crosstrek in Europe for years, this is just my timeline.

I'll be downsizing from my 2006 Tacoma 4 Door. I still haul a lot of stuff from time to time, so I'm hoping this little car will handle it. I'll get a trailer for the larger stuff, but folding the seats down will have to do for the dogs and backpacking/camping gear.

I find that I don't go "wheelin" in my Tacoma, really, and I hate getting 17mpg. I'd like a zippy (not powerful) car that easy to drive, gets great gas mileage, and can still take me up the fire roads and dirt paths I love to explore.

I'm thrilled there is a place to ask questions and learn from others' experiences!

Squenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #2

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof
Default Re: Hello from Chico, CA

Greetings and welcome! I wanted a truck, but the shoddy MPG's kept me from getting one so I went with a SUV instead. The Crosstrek is great and you'd be surprised just how much you can fit in them. I just finished moving from Louisiana to Willows, CA and managed to fit everything, including the kitchen sink, into my Crosstrek.

I'll be making the trip up to Chico tomorrow to try my very first In-N-Out Burger...

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Welcome! Your reasons (mpg, fun to drive, a bit rugged) are pretty similar to why most of us got ours. And as plenty of people will attest, the XV meets those expectations very well.
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited Ice Silver

Welcome Squenz!

You've come to the right place if you're looking for good Crosstrek info and people that like to talk about them.
bradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2014 Sky Blue Mica Mazda CX-5

Welcome to the forum.

Scott
Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #6

Thanks, everyone!
I'm seeing more and more Crosstreks around here. That's a good sign. I can't wait to sell my beloved Tacoma and get into my first Subi.

Turns out, my 17yo daughter just bought her first car, a 1998 Impreza! She beat me to the Subaru punch!
Squenz is offline   Reply With Quote