Hello from the mile high - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #1

My Vehicle: Subaru crosstrek 20015 white
Default Hello from the mile high

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and crosstreks (newly purchased) and am happy I was able to find a forum to give me some ideas on to how to give my xv some style looking to go for a storm trooper look. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I just ordered some emblem overlays with a black background and white stars but have a few ideas in the till....

5280crosstrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Silver Subaru Crosstrek Limited

Welcome to the club!
My first thought would be to either black out the stock grille or install the sport version and then put some white Hella Supertones or any other horn of your choice behind it.
I have also seen people plasti dip the optional door molding to break up the plainness of the doors.
And also depending on what direction you want to head and how much money you want to spend you can either powder coat or plasti dip the rims to a solid black or white. Personally I wouldn't go white but I've seen an XV out there with them and it didn't look half bad.
Tomicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #3

My Vehicle: Subaru crosstrek 20015 white

Thank you! I was actually looking into the sports grill and getting the door moldings in black instead of going with the matching paint color I've just been kinda hesitant on the door moldings just because I haven't seen any with the black on white and I'm not sure if it would be too much I'm going to have to look around and see if I find someone who has me and I'm going to have to look into the hella supertones. Thanks for the suggestions Tomicle!!!
5280crosstrekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2015, 11:26 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 Silver Subaru Crosstrek Limited

No problem! I have loved my sports grille ever since I got it and am going to be ordering some super tones next week. The website subimods has them going for $5 off right now with a rainbow of color options. Definitely worth checking out!
Tomicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:28 AM   #5
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Welcome to the club!

I'd recommend blacking-out the tailgate trim, it really makes the Crosstrek stand out more

http://i.imgur.com/GrmwNuN.jpg
AWDfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #6

Have not named a vehicle in a LONG time. My son (who has a 2010 red Impreza) was jealous that I got my 2015 Crosstrek Limited. When he asked what color I got and I told him the White, he said "a Storm Trooper, huh". So she is Stormie; have ordered a Storm Trooper window decal off Amazon that need to apply. Also her name so can put it under the white Storm Trooper decal making it look like a sport kid decal...
txphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #7

My Vehicle: 2015 Crosstrek limited fully loaded

She is beautiful! Mine is named Lucille after BB king's guitars. Also I love Lucille Ball. As we have the same vehicle, except the moonroof which I have, you may inspire me to make modifications. Keep me posted.
Melanie0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:06 AM   #8

I saw a white XV today in Illinois with Colorado tags. It was all covered in a brownish grey mud. Looked great parked next to my just washed and waxed ice silver metallic. A true study in contrasts.
gtshnzr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stormtrooper