Hello to all - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #11

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Ltd.
Default Re: Hello to all

Welcome! Hey does your name have any reference to a show called 'Community'?

Sent from my Nexus 7

on0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #12

My Vehicle: 2013 CrossTrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
Good to know that this site stole your heart .

The Ice Silver is one of my favorite colors. I originally wanted to go that route but my dealer only had black on the lot and I literally couldn't wait the month+ to deliver (my current car was falling apart and I was moving/driving cross-country in two weeks).
I think most people buy what's on the lot as I did with my last 13 or so new cars. I found that most of the time I didn't even use most of the extras and also found that the more options on a car, the more that can go wrong with them. A couple of cars ago, I had automatic climate control. That was the only car that I had A/C problems and it was because of that option. I have a lot of options on my current car that I never used but that's because I don't drive that much. Hardly ever turn on the radio. Can count on both hands the number of times I needed AWD or ABS (which were options paid extra for at the time). Now these are standard so no choice. Not saying they are not good to have, but I'm from the old school. My first car was a 1964 Dodge Dart convertible, slant six engine, push button tranny, no A/C. There was nothing on that car that either I or a friend couldn't fix. Now, there's no way I'd even attempt to work on a car.

My current car is ten years old and has a few issues. Two of which were options (LOL, just pull a couple of fuses and do without them). I was thinking a little while back just to throw a few bucks into it and keep it a few more years but then I started looking at cars on line. The rest is history. Before this car, the longest I ever kept a car was five years.

@on0se,

Thanks for the welcome. My six grandchildren call me Pop=Pop

Pop-Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #13

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop-Pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
Good to know that this site stole your heart .

The Ice Silver is one of my favorite colors. I originally wanted to go that route but my dealer only had black on the lot and I literally couldn't wait the month+ to deliver (my current car was falling apart and I was moving/driving cross-country in two weeks).
I think most people buy what's on the lot as I did with my last 13 or so new cars. I found that most of the time I didn't even use most of the extras and also found that the more options on a car, the more that can go wrong with them. A couple of cars ago, I had automatic climate control. That was the only car that I had A/C problems and it was because of that option. I have a lot of options on my current car that I never used but that's because I don't drive that much. Hardly ever turn on the radio. Can count on both hands the number of times I needed AWD or ABS (which were options paid extra for at the time). Now these are standard so no choice. Not saying they are not good to have, but I'm from the old school. My first car was a 1964 Dodge Dart convertible, slant six engine, push button tranny, no A/C. There was nothing on that car that either I or a friend couldn't fix. Now, there's no way I'd even attempt to work on a car.

My current car is ten years old and has a few issues. Two of which were options (LOL, just pull a couple of fuses and do without them). I was thinking a little while back just to throw a few bucks into it and keep it a few more years but then I started looking at cars on line. The rest is history. Before this car, the longest I ever kept a car was five years.

@on0se,

Thanks for the welcome. My six grandchildren call me Pop=Pop
Ah, a man after my own heart. I can do every job on my 69 C10 but I'm calling all over to get a price on a timing belt change for my daughters' 07 Mitsubishi. I know this motor is built very well but the maintenance...GEEZ! The least expensive has been $595 and that's without changing the water pump or any ancillaries while in the neighborhood.

There are a few of us love em and leave em car owners here. I rarely keep a car 3 years but with two in college, I've made a commitment to 100K miles on my XV....hope I can stick to it! I'm at 16K now and really settling in and enjoying the capabilities. You might enjoy a thread here where we all talk about our first cars- just do a search and you'll find. Enjoy 8)
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #14

Yes I saw that thread while lurking. Good reading. Picking up the crosstrek tomorrow
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #15

Nope, another delay. This time because my leather isn't in stock? Have to wonder if anyone told the custom place my car was coming in for it. My sales guy said it should be ready for pick up tomorrow morning. I asked that he call me today when or if the car comes back because this is the third delay and I'm tired of setting days aside for delivery. Good thing I'm retired and don't have to be somewhere, but I missed out on an nice invite for this. It's a good dealership so far and my sales guy is a good guy, but "by the end of June" delivery is slowly turning into the end of July. That car better be perfect! >
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #16

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.

Ouch...that sure sounds frustrating! Tell em you have 6 grandkids waiting to go for a ride! I hope it gets here quick for you and that its absolutely as perfect as you want it to be.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #17

Picked it up today! Everything went nicely. It really rides nice. I'm gonna have to practice that engine breaking. Got a whopping 30 miles on it already. ;D