Help / Purchased - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #1

Default Help / Purchased

Howdy from Utah, Ok looking to purchase a crosstrek premium package one with the cvt transmission. Went to the dealer to test drive and all that. I told him i was thinking of going thru costco (which is 400 over invoice) and he said he could beat that no problem.. He told me the price was 22988.00 which he said was invoice. So checked on edmunds and kelly blue book and it seems right. What concerns me, it was just to easy, I was just test driving it. I am concerned a little about the HP and it would be my first Subaru. Does that price sound about right with anybody else that has purchased one here in the states? Just dont want to get screwed. Oh ya and also that comes with two years of service.

another question on accessories, rubber molding on sides to protect from door dings ? and bug shield ? yes or no..

thanks and awesome sight....

Torz

Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Desert Khaki XV, Premium w/Nav
Default Re: Help

Hi,

My XV had a sticker price of 22,900. It's a Desert Khaki premium with CVT & Navi Package. That's basically what I paid for it.

First thing I bought was the protective body molding kit. Installed it myself to save a few bucks.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Wilco1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek CVT Desert Khaki

I got my base premium CVT for $21,600 plus delivery, taxes and dealer fees.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

That sounds good to me, but I am sure others on here may say you can get an even better deal. The Crosstrek is so new, however, that dealers aren't budging too much on their prices; they know what they can sell them for while still giving you a "deal".

As for HP, I was very concerned about it, also, even after I test drove it. However, I bit the bullet and am very happy with it. Once you learn how to drive the CVT (very different than a manual or traditional automatic IMO) then I think you will see how the 148HP has more to it than meets the eye. Sure it's no rocket, but I still have a lot of fun with it, especially at highway speeds.

In my opinion, the rubber side moldings are more of a look than really help the doors that much. Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen more than a few instances where the side moldings wouldn't do jack against a ding. That said, I do have the moldings on mine and like the look, however a couple members are molding-less and it looks great. I can't comment on the bug shield personally, but I have heard that it does work wonders.

Thanks for signing up on the site, I hope you find the info you're looking for!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #5

Thanks for the info and glad to be here
Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 Dark Gray Metallic XV Crossstrek Limited

Torz,
COSTCO, USAA will help getting a below MSRP price with some of them giving you a gift card after purchasing your vehicle and all the Subaru's are coming with the two years of free service included. The side molding is a good idea but all my dings have been above where the molding would go so if you go for them it would be for aesthetics alone. The CVT is great and like its mentioned you will not be winning any races on the XV but you will enjoy the ride. I was able to get mine $2000 below invoice after going to multiple dealers and luckily having the money on hand.
javyher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Welcome Torz.

I think you will find that the crosstrek has enough HP and pickup for any driving you will need to do. I don't know if the model you are looking at comes with a rear bumper guard, but that is something I would think about purchasing.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #8

Default purchased 8)

Ok a little update... purchased a white premium with package 1 and the cvt trans... 8) all weather floor mats and rear bumper guard inc..

Thanks for all the input. Peace out
Old 05-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2013 Dark Gray Metallic XV Crossstrek Limited
Default Re: Help / Purchased

Torz Congratzzz!!! 8)
javyher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #10

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Default Re: Help / Purchased

Congrats!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2