Howdy from NC - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-30-2012, 03:33 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crostrek Premium
Default Howdy from NC

Just purchased a Crosstrek in NC. It's a premium with PP1, wheel-locks, and trailer hitch
(not installed yet) in the ice silver color. This is my first Subaru and I couldn't be happier so far. For those interested I paid $400 above invoice before TTL, I don't remember off the top of my head how much below MSRP that is but I can figure it if that is helpful in case you are thinking about purchasing one. I'm attaching a few pictures for your enjoyment. one question, are we Crosstrekers or Crosstrekies? ;D

Matthew

samskara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Re: Howdy from NC

Welcome to the site, glad you joined! Thelosis and myself are both from NC as well, though I have been living in California for a few years now.

The Crosstrek looks great. I had intentions of waiting for a silver one but my dealership only had black and it was going to be weeks before they could get a silver one in. With my situation at the time (a car that was basically falling apart) I decided to go with the black and I really like it -- the taupe interior has been growing on me.

I couldn't be happier with the Crosstrek, definitely an upgrade from my previous vehicle. Do you plan on trying it out on any trails and such?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crostrek Premium

I definitely plan to get some good use out of it on trails and such. I'm at Bragg so I plan on trying it out on some of the trails I know here before I start exploring with it so I can get a feel for its exact capabilities. I really look forward to taking to the beach as well as I primarily got the hitch to tow a small sailboat like a sunfish or a laser.
samskara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #4

I think you'll be impressed with the Crosstrek's capabilities. I took mine on some wooded trails and it did great. I'm going to tackle the beach within the next day or two and report back.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek Premium

I'd recommend the Uwharries, if you're going to take that trailing. I'm not sure how suitable for the ORV trails it is, but I'm sure they've got a few you could take it on.
Errant Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #6

Welcome!
Thelosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm in NC in the "looking" process. My 13 year old Cherokee is beginning to show signs of needing replacement though a new car payment isn't my idea of fun. First, a "car" isn't going to work for me. My husband is disabled so I need something with height and I live on a steep hill so I need something with more ability than just getting me from straight point A to point B. That said I don't want to drive a tank and am looking for upgrade on fuel mileage over a std SUV. The first vehicle I found that met my reqs was the Crosstrek. Serfing the net looking at other options I keep coming back to this very interesting Subie. I've contacted a couple of dealerships and found one willing to work with me. About a month away from purchase so I'm still shopping around. Found the dealerships offputting az I've been quoted straight MSRP plus those lovely fees. Hope to become a Crosstrek owner but I guess the bottom line will be finding a good dealership.
ap1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1224
I'm in NC in the "looking" process. My 13 year old Cherokee is beginning to show signs of needing replacement though a new car payment isn't my idea of fun. First, a "car" isn't going to work for me. My husband is disabled so I need something with height and I live on a steep hill so I need something with more ability than just getting me from straight point A to point B. That said I don't want to drive a tank and am looking for upgrade on fuel mileage over a std SUV. The first vehicle I found that met my reqs was the Crosstrek. Serfing the net looking at other options I keep coming back to this very interesting Subie. I've contacted a couple of dealerships and found one willing to work with me. About a month away from purchase so I'm still shopping around. Found the dealerships offputting az I've been quoted straight MSRP plus those lovely fees. Hope to become a Crosstrek owner but I guess the bottom line will be finding a good dealership.
Hey, welcome ap! In all honesty, it really sounds like the Crosstrek is a great fit for you with its higher ride height but without the bulk and bad MPGs of a full sized SUV or even some competing crossovers.

If you have any more questions about the Crosstrek please be feel free to post your questions, though I do recommend starting a new thread in order to draw the most attention to your posts.

Again, welcome and happy shopping. I hope it works out for you!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #9

I'm from NC as well...wanted to let you know, if you are a member of the IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Association) for six months or more, you qualify for a VIP discount on Subarus. I just purchased mine, and the VIP from IMBA qualifies you for TWO PERCENT BELOW DEALER INVOICE. Yes, you heard correctly!
readyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyami
I'm from NC as well...wanted to let you know, if you are a member of the IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Association) for six months or more, you qualify for a VIP discount on Subarus. I just purchased mine, and the VIP from IMBA qualifies you for TWO PERCENT BELOW DEALER INVOICE. Yes, you heard correctly!
Wow, that's nuts! What are the requirements to join?