Killing me! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #1

My Vehicle: Desert Khaki CVT
Default Killing me!

Just got the call. My Scubi arrived! Damaged. :'( It could be up to two weeks. Bumper to bumper inspectiln, then ordering parts, instilation etc. Grrrrrrrrrr!

dirtylittletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.
Default Re: Killing me!

Oh that is terrible- hate that for you! I'd be concerned about what is damaged and if they're fixing it, is it going to be 100% as new? What, if any, problems could you potentially have down the road? I'm sure this happens on the occasion. Just not sure if I wouldn't ask for something undamaged??
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #3

Went by the dealer on the way home to look at her. She was already in the shop so I didn't get to see her. It is supposedly just the windshield and that will be replaced under warranty in the next few days, IF they have them in stock from Denver. MAYBE the beginning of next week. ONE more weekend without a fun car to drive. sniff sniff.
I went ahead and took advantage of the parts shop and picked up my hood protecter. I at least have that. ;D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Eh, that sucks! At least all it is is just the windshield and no body damage, hopefully they get it squared away soon.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Ouch...poor crosstrek... .

I'm with RubySu on this, I'd be asking tons of questions. At the very least you should get some cash back from the hassle/damage.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 Silver XVC Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAlejan
Ouch...poor crosstrek... .

I'm with RubySu on this, I'd be asking tons of questions. At the very least you should get some cash back from the hassle/damage.
Having worked with a dealership and selling cars, since the car is not under your ownership yet, it's likely they will not discount for the shipping damage. In that case, the shipper has insurance and it is taken care of from that.

Long and short is things get damaged in shipping, you can ask questions but I don't think anyone has the answers and you have to figure out what answers you want. When I was selling, there was a boat that sank and it had ordered cars on it. I had to call the clients and let them know we were going to reorder the car because of this. A client said they were going to call their insurance company and see what they cold get and I said that since it was not under their ownership and still owned by the manufacturer the insurance company could not do anything.

It is frustrating but know that the dealership is doing a good job to fix this because they will be on the hook for this from now on.

Happy motoring!

-Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes-
Chuck A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #7

The only question I had was, everything is covered under warranty and the answer was the correct one. I'm not going to trouble with asking for a discount because they first told me it would be here in July, so it is still "early." Just not as early as I wanted. It is a bummer though because I planned a nice long camp/hike/road trip for this Memorial weekend. Plans change and it could be worse. This is SUCH a First World problem and I shouldn't be whining. I have food and shelter and...and...and...SO no complaints. Thanks for allowing me to vent my frustrations though.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.

Good perspective.