My First Subaru - 2013 XV Crosstrek - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited - Silver
Default My First Subaru - 2013 XV Crosstrek

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and my (first ever) brand new car. 2013 silver Crosstrek Limited. So far the only things i have changed were the driving lights (low, high and fog).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XV Crosstrek.JPG (305.7 KB, 22 views)

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #2

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Default My First Subaru - 2013 XV Crosstrek

Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Re: My First Subaru - 2013 XV Crosstrek

Hey, LarryA, thanks for joining us!

It looks good in the picture, what did you change about the driving lights? Just different bulbs? Did you test drive it first or just go with a blind buy like some people have?

Again, welcome. I hope you find everything you're looking for here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited - Silver

I have actually used the same bulbs in previous cars that I have driven (Luminics Krypton bulbs), white for the driving lights and Yellow for the high beams. I wanted yellow bulbs for the fog lights but there isn't much a selection of H16 yellow bulbs. I went with Nokya Hyper Yellow. The fitment was terrible. The alignment tabs to snap the bulb into the fog light housing were way off, so i cut the tabs off the bulb and then it clamped on just fine. I'm a fan of the Luminics Krypton, the Ultra whites are just that, white light with no blue hue and really improves road visibility at night. As far as installing, it was pretty easy and you didn't have to take off the front bumper. For the passenger side all you need to do is remove the air intake duct. Its only held in with 2 plastic push plugs. That will give you access to the both bulbs. Its tight, but there's room. For the driver's side I found it easier to move the windshield washer receiver (held in by one push plug) to reach the bulbs. I didn't change the turn signals but you may need to remove, or least loosen the front bumper to get to those. The fog lights were fairly easy. Directly underneath the fog lights there are 4 push plugs holding a piece of plastic in place. Removing them (gently) will allow you to push the plastic piece to give you access to the fog light housing.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #5

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek Limited - Metallic Dark Gray - 2013

8) Had to use my sunglasses to look at the pix! LOL!!
Paintgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #6

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryA
I have actually used the same bulbs in previous cars that I have driven (Luminics Krypton bulbs), white for the driving lights and Yellow for the high beams. I wanted yellow bulbs for the fog lights but there isn't much a selection of H16 yellow bulbs. I went with Nokya Hyper Yellow. The fitment was terrible. The alignment tabs to snap the bulb into the fog light housing were way off, so i cut the tabs off the bulb and then it clamped on just fine. I'm a fan of the Luminics Krypton, the Ultra whites are just that, white light with no blue hue and really improves road visibility at night. As far as installing, it was pretty easy and you didn't have to take off the front bumper. For the passenger side all you need to do is remove the air intake duct. Its only held in with 2 plastic push plugs. That will give you access to the both bulbs. Its tight, but there's room. For the driver's side I found it easier to move the windshield washer receiver (held in by one push plug) to reach the bulbs. I didn't change the turn signals but you may need to remove, or least loosen the front bumper to get to those. The fog lights were fairly easy. Directly underneath the fog lights there are 4 push plugs holding a piece of plastic in place. Removing them (gently) will allow you to push the plastic piece to give you access to the fog light housing.
Thanks! Looks great.