New-Buru! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru CrossTrek - Desert Khaki
Default New-Buru!

Hello All!

Pretty stoked to announce that my first brand new car is a 2013 Suburu XV CrossTrek! Creeping ever closer to that inevitable 30 year mark, I decided it was high time that I purchase a nice, reliable form of transportation. My first car was a 1999 Dodge Durango V8 Magnum and my second was a 2008 Jeep Liberty. And as of yesterday I said a tearful good-bye and a smiling hello...

I started doing my research for a couple of months after the XV caught my eye in a grocery store parking lot and couldn't stop thinking about it since then. There's nothing that stacks up to all the perks of this vehicle and all the extras that basically come standard. Luckily for me I caught a huge break with the costs and financing since I've known the dealership's finance manager for about 10 years now. Overall: I am incredibly confident with the whole deal because there has been no significant downside to the whole deal. Except that I will truly miss my Liberty.

I'm a huge fan of the new desert khaki color and the aggressive yet sleek look of the XV. While I have always admired the hatchback Impreza, this is truly an improvement from my point of view!

This thing is perfectly fine fresh off the assembly line with the all-weather package, but there's a couple add-ons that I think will really trip some triggers. Maybe some of you fellow CrossTrekkers can help point me in the right direction or tell me what you think....
Here's what I'm looking for/to do in order to give it the right attitude:
-decently priced cargo basket to go atop the cross bars
-Plasti Dip (black or gunmetal grey?) the front and rear bumpers, as well as the side moldings
-install a bull bar with skid plate (black powder coat or black plasti dip?)
*lift kit
*extra lights on bull bar

Thoughts?

I'm a go-everywhere, do-anything kind of guy and this vehicle is perfectly right for me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Re: New-Buru!

Welcome to the site! The XV truly is a great car and the khaki is just as a great color. It sounds like you fit right into Subaru's niche market being the outdoorsy, adventurous type.

As for your mod list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCrossTrekker
-decently priced cargo basket to go atop the cross bars
-Plasti Dip (black or gunmetal grey?) the front and rear bumpers, as well as the side moldings
-install a bull bar with skid plate (black powder coat or black plasti dip?)
*lift kit
*extra lights on bull bar
1. Check out the Curt line, http://www.curtmfg.com/part/18117. I have one and love it. Paid about $160 for it through eBay but I believe someone on this site found it for $100 new. May take some link digging to find.

2. A lot of people on this site have done Plasti Dipping of badges, grilles, wheels, bumpers, side moldings, etc. Just search around and I am sure you will find the info you need.

3. As far as I know, there aren't any real bullbars available for the Crosstrek yet, at least in the States. I could be wrong, though. For the skid plate, Caruso motor sports makes one, http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,410.0.html, as well as a couple other companies I believe.

4. Not sure if a lift kit exists yet, either. I do believe someone makes spacers that will give you about 1", though. Again, I may be wrong!

Hopefully that helps you some at least until someone more knowledgable chimes in. Thanks for joining!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited

Welcome to the club. Your list of future mods looks great. However, I would not lift it. This may void the warranty. But taller tires may be beneficial and give a lift where it would be most useful and economical.
Master Shooter
All round nice guy
Ikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 crosstrek limited desert khaki 2011 legacy 2.5i premium ruby red pearl

here is our desert khaki with the side molding plastidipped..we had never plastidipped before so this was new for us!lol

We've been debating plastidipping the front cuz of all the little marks on it already...trying to figure out if it would look ok!lol

Lovin' our Crosstrek 8)
tmorgan66030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited, Satin White Pearl

Welcome and congrats on your new Khaki baby! We'll look forward to mods you put on her and be sure to share some pics! We love pics around here!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #6

Welcome to the club! You will love the car!! Everyone here is always more than willing to help! I highly suggest some kind of clear coat protection or film, since it sounds like you will be doing more than highway cruising. Subies will run forever but the paint chips like paper. There has been a few threads about product selection! Good luck and welcome!

Oh and watch out for that RubySu, he will have you smacking your rev limiter before you know it! ;-)

-Louis C.K.
Phoenix622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Welcome and hello! I have to agree with you 100% on the
Quote:
aggressive yet sleek look of the XV