New fan of the Crosstrek - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #1

Default New fan of the Crosstrek

Hello Everyone,

I'm 18 and live in Illinois and currently drive the dreaded handed down swagger wagon (2001 Honda Odyssey). I'm finally looking to buy a new car and I fell in love with the Crosstrek. It's not exactly a WRX or STI like most typical teenage boys want but I believe this car has major potential. I am a photographer and have participated in many events in the Chicago area. I am excited to be a part of this club and to give as much as I can and earn from this forum once I get my Crosstrek. At the moment it's going to be learning things about the car and looking at modifications. My dream is to make this car as sleek and sexy as most show cars are, yet still drive it as a daily and to take it on adventures and to the track. ;D

Drive Hard and Drive Fun, Bart

PolishBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.
Default Re: New fan of the Crosstrek

Well I gotta say...it's refreshing to hear a young person talk with passion about a car, let alone, our Crosstrek. I read article after article about how the newest crop of drivers find independence through various social medias and the technologies that power them. Increasingly, young people communicate "face to face" with FaceTime and like modalities...not necessarily choosing to jump in their car and drive to have that meeting. But enough of that....WELCOME to the site! Being a photog, we expect some imaginative pics when, indeed, you chunk down the coin for your new ride. Until then, see you around the forum Polish Boy...enjoy 8)
Old 09-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Welcome to the forum and the club! The number of different ages/ interests/ walks of life of the people attracted to the crosstrek never cease to impress me.
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #4

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope to buy one in the late winter, so for now i'll keep my eye and camera out for Crosstreks out in the wild
Old 09-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited Ice Silver

Hello and Welcome PolishBoy,

I think you'll like it here at the forum, you'll like the XV too! We love ours, in fact we were up around the Quad Cities not too long ago with it.
bradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome to the site, PolishBoy. It sounds like you have a real passion for cars, specifically the Crosstrek, which is great to hear. Do you have any idea in mind about color/package you want to go with?

Thanks for signing up!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #7

I really do I've always been surround by cars my whole life. I think it all started when I helped my dad on his old, then newish, 1995 Nissan Sentra when I was at the joyful age of 6. Now I take professional quality pictures of all cars and work on cars with my buddies. As for the Crosstrek I was thinking about getting the 2014 Crosstrek Premium in white or the orange hopefully with the black interior because the ivory is a bit feminine in my opinion. Optionwise I was going to get the basics: upgraded speakers, spoiler, window visors, illumination package, sti strut tower brace and a few other simple things. I don't want to mess with it too much and I have a bit custom work in mind so i need to save for that. I wanted to upgrade the performance and handling to be similar to the wrx and sti but at the same time retaining the Crosstrek style and keep it as fuel efficient as I possible can. Basically it's a life long project for me and I will definitely have the car when I have my own family and hopefully pass down the hobby and passion to one of my kids.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #8

My Vehicle: XV Limited Khaki

Another hello and welcome from Illinois.
44Dan44 is offline   Reply With Quote