New here not a Crosstrek owner "yet" - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #1
Mav

Default New here not a Crosstrek owner "yet"

I own a 07 Toyota FJ, very capable and modified. Though not so capable in the gas area. Also I'm 6'2" I fit but others don't so well behind me. I'm on the fence on letting it go for the Crosstrek.

Though I've tested out the Crosstrek it seems to tic all the right boxes. Ground clearance mountain capable and dirt and snow seem all good. Issues are how reliable and why can't I find a manual. It's insane.

I would lift. Ready lift does the 2". I saw 1 inch springs. I'm wondering if I can combine. Clearance is important here

Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 09:59 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek

Welcome.

There are few manuals, I ordered my 2018 6-speed.

I would say if you take good care of the car, it will be plenty reliable. Take this thread for instance: https://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums...ting-3331.html he got over 600,000 miles on the motor.

I have a 1.5" lift from ADF. I cant comment on the other brands, but from what I remember, the new gen (2018+) should only have UP TO a 1.5 inch lift. The previous gen have up to 2 inch.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:10 AM   #3
Mav

There are a couple 2" options Ready lift. SS something and one more. I've read ppl doing 1" springs on the 18 and 1" spacer
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 02:39 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2019 Limited/EyeSight

Welcome to the forum Mav. You won't be disappointed with the Crosstrek. I had a 2007 FJC also heavily modded. Lift, Demello steel bumpers front and back, 12K winch, rock sliders, full armour underneath, Scuba mod etc. That rig was a blast off road. About 12 mpg for 5 years was enough. Still miss her tho.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:21 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Limited Quartz Blue Pearl

I was on here for a few months prior to pulling the trigger on my first Subie purchase as well. It's a great way to hear all the good and the bad. I live in Portland, where you'd swear Subaru was giving out some special deal here. They are not, think there's an up-charge here. Anyone and almost everyone I have talked to can calm your nerves on the reliability factor. I came from having Hondas most of my life that were always "gas and go." I am anticipating it'll be the same here. And 23K miles in, no issues yet. And the gas mileage... I have had mine loaded up with gear, roof box, and a two bike hitch mount, going 75mph on the highway and still averaging in 29mpg. Hope that helps, Cheers.
A-A-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Limited Quartz Blue Pearl

Here's a pic of it loaded down. Wasn't kidding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2573.jpg (116.6 KB, 5 views)
A-A-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #7

My Vehicle: Subaru XV 2015 Orange on order

Lifting looks good. The Crosstrek is reliable, has tremendous mileage. It's not a rock crawler, but it's pretty good. Check youtube for others experiences. I have only been slightly offroad with mine. I don't think it will do fine where jeeps and Toyo 4wd get challenged, but better than a Rav4 or a crv. Space and ride are great.
STUDLY is offline   Reply With Quote