New Member Northern CA/NV - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
tmorgan66030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
My Vehicle: 2013 crosstrek limited desert khaki 2011 legacy 2.5i premium ruby red pearl
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Welcome! This is great place for getting info & showing off your crosstrek Desert Khaki is awesome...we have the same color & love it We did both the the speaker upgrade & the body side molding then plastidipped the side molding.

__________________
Tina :)

Lovin' our Crosstrek 8)
tmorgan66030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #12
Hero Member
 
Xtrekr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 927
My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrekr
GO WOLF PACK!!!! 8)


Welcome and congrats!!!


You are the SECOND one on CCT from Reno.... You will be sooooo happy you got the XV.... Donner Pass can give many vehicles problems with severe weather. We travel to Roseville quite a bit and the XV does VERY good over the pass.. both directions ( coming eastbound is much more of a climb )


Lots of beautiful trails and scenic views to be found in Reno and surrounding areas.


I don't take our XV offroad... I have a lifted Jeep for that... lol!! Wife would string me up!!!! I can show you some really nice trails... maybe I can talk the MRS into taking the XV... MAYBE... lol


I would opt for the Kicker Upgrade over the side moldings.... but that's me.

The Forester that I had before this was great in the snow and I would expect nothing less from the XV. My fiancé and I used to live in Roseville and still have friends down there. Not to mention that I will have to make trips back and fourth to Sacramento a couple times a month.

Would love to hit the trails with a fellow XV (if you are granted permission, lol) once we get settled in. The move isn't until this weekend, so maybe a couple of weeks or so after that. I'll let you know though.

My though with the side moldings was to help protect it from door dings. A lady with several small children parked next to me today and the kids were just swinging the doors open and closed for the fun of it. Nearly had a panic attack. Lol. XV was far enough away though.


Dustin,


Sounds like a plan... no rush on the GTG... get settled in and give me a shout. Whereabouts are you moving? which part of town? I'm in North Reno... 10 miles north of I80 up 395N
__________________
~Todd~

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #13
Member
 
ThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 39
My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Premium CVT in Desert Khaki
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorgan66030
Welcome! This is great place for getting info & showing off your crosstrek Desert Khaki is awesome...we have the same color & love it We did both the the speaker upgrade & the body side molding then plastidipped the side molding.
I like the plastidipped side moldings. Ties the black roof rack and wheels together. Did you install the side moldings yourself?

Spoiler looks great also!
__________________
Dustin Hollingshead
Farmers Insurance
3130 Silver Sage Dr Ste 102
Carson City, NV 89701-9000
775-843-6010 (Office)
775-461-0018 (Fax)
[email protected]

I am just getting started with my own insurance agency and appreciate any help and business.

Thank you.
ThePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #14
Member
 
ThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 39
My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Premium CVT in Desert Khaki
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrekr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrekr
GO WOLF PACK!!!! 8)


Welcome and congrats!!!


You are the SECOND one on CCT from Reno.... You will be sooooo happy you got the XV.... Donner Pass can give many vehicles problems with severe weather. We travel to Roseville quite a bit and the XV does VERY good over the pass.. both directions ( coming eastbound is much more of a climb )


Lots of beautiful trails and scenic views to be found in Reno and surrounding areas.


I don't take our XV offroad... I have a lifted Jeep for that... lol!! Wife would string me up!!!! I can show you some really nice trails... maybe I can talk the MRS into taking the XV... MAYBE... lol


I would opt for the Kicker Upgrade over the side moldings.... but that's me.

The Forester that I had before this was great in the snow and I would expect nothing less from the XV. My fiancé and I used to live in Roseville and still have friends down there. Not to mention that I will have to make trips back and fourth to Sacramento a couple times a month.

Would love to hit the trails with a fellow XV (if you are granted permission, lol) once we get settled in. The move isn't until this weekend, so maybe a couple of weeks or so after that. I'll let you know though.

My though with the side moldings was to help protect it from door dings. A lady with several small children parked next to me today and the kids were just swinging the doors open and closed for the fun of it. Nearly had a panic attack. Lol. XV was far enough away though.


Dustin,


Sounds like a plan... no rush on the GTG... get settled in and give me a shout. Whereabouts are you moving? which part of town? I'm in North Reno... 10 miles north of I80 up 395N

Just off of Robb Drive. It's before you get into Reno.
__________________
Dustin Hollingshead
Farmers Insurance
3130 Silver Sage Dr Ste 102
Carson City, NV 89701-9000
775-843-6010 (Office)
775-461-0018 (Fax)
[email protected]

I am just getting started with my own insurance agency and appreciate any help and business.

Thank you.
ThePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
tmorgan66030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
My Vehicle: 2013 crosstrek limited desert khaki 2011 legacy 2.5i premium ruby red pearl
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorgan66030
Welcome! This is great place for getting info & showing off your crosstrek Desert Khaki is awesome...we have the same color & love it We did both the the speaker upgrade & the body side molding then plastidipped the side molding.
I like the plastidipped side moldings. Ties the black roof rack and wheels together. Did you install the side moldings yourself?

Spoiler looks great also!
No we had the dealership install the moldings then we plastidipped it. Thanks we love the spoiler
__________________
Tina :)

Lovin' our Crosstrek 8)
tmorgan66030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #16
Member
 
ThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 39
My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Premium CVT in Desert Khaki
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Just wanted to post an update.

The move to Reno went well, however my computer did not survive. Not sure what caused it, but ended up with a shattered screen and no signs of life. Picked up a Chromebook yesterday, so things are looking up.

The XV has over 4K miles on it now and is going strong (as strong as the 2.0L can). Still enjoying the MPG gain over my previous 4 speed Forester, but I don't feel it is as comfortable as Forester was. Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet. (Still up for it Xtrekr?) I also have a couple of stickers that I need to throw on it. Subaruforester.org, clubcrosstrek.com, and need to find a penguin sticker to put on it also.
__________________
Dustin Hollingshead
Farmers Insurance
3130 Silver Sage Dr Ste 102
Carson City, NV 89701-9000
775-843-6010 (Office)
775-461-0018 (Fax)
[email protected]

I am just getting started with my own insurance agency and appreciate any help and business.

Thank you.
ThePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
Hero Member
 
Xtrekr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 927
My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Sure!! Why not!?!? Welcome to The Biggest Little City In The World!!! Get settled in ( if not already ) and we can GTG sometime and shoot the breeze....
__________________
~Todd~

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Member
 
ThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 39
My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Premium CVT in Desert Khaki
Default Re: New Member Northern CA/NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrekr
Sure!! Why not!?!? Welcome to The Biggest Little City In The World!!! Get settled in ( if not already ) and we can GTG sometime and shoot the breeze....
You up to anything over the next few days? I'm not working right now, just trying to get through some online classes quickly, so just about anytime/day is good for me. (Except mornings... Who likes mornings? Lol)

Feel like taking your XV on some light trails? Been itching to take mine offroad.

Also, you have the Kicker speakers, right? If so, would love to hear them.
__________________
Dustin Hollingshead
Farmers Insurance
3130 Silver Sage Dr Ste 102
Carson City, NV 89701-9000
775-843-6010 (Office)
775-461-0018 (Fax)
[email protected]

I am just getting started with my own insurance agency and appreciate any help and business.

Thank you.
ThePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.