New - No XV Yet - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #11

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Re: New - No XV Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonXV
A 6MT XV Limited would be perfect.

Makes you wonder if an XV WRX, or similar, is in the works.
They have turbo XVs overseas. It adds hardly any more HP (2 or 3 increase I think) but adds almost 100 ft/lb torque. Supposedly it is a BLAST to drive. Let's hope they bring it to the states soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #12

My Vehicle: 2000 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
Quote:

They have turbo XVs overseas. It adds hardly any more HP (2 or 3 increase I think) but adds almost 100 ft/lb torque. Supposedly it is a BLAST to drive. Let's hope they bring it to the states soon.
Isn't that a diesel?
I don't know about a 6MT being in an Impreza/XV here. If the WRX still uses a 5MT, it seems to me that the Imp/XV wouldn't get a 6MT either.
Would be great though. Considering 5MT seems to be becoming a dying breed, with more & more economy cars going to 6MT & some sports cars (Porsche 911 & C7 Corvette) going to a 7MT.
HoustonXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
Quote:

Isn't that a diesel?
I don't know about a 6MT being in an Impreza/XV here. If the WRX still uses a 5MT, it seems to me that the Imp/XV wouldn't get a 6MT either.
Would be great though. Considering 5MT seems to be becoming a dying breed, with more & more economy cars going to 6MT & some sports cars (Porsche 911 & C7 Corvette) going to a 7MT.
Yes, the turbocharged XV is a turbo diesel engine that many Subaru enthusiasts would greatly appreciate to see here. I wouldn't doubt that one of the reasons they won't sell it here is because Subaru feels only their 6MT can handle the torque, and, sadly, most Americans don't like rowing their own gears. (However, the Lineartronic CVT is efficient)

The WRX is at the end of its lifecycle.

The 6MT is exclusive to the FB20 in other regions of the world (while the 5MT for them is exclusive to the smaller FB16), while North America seems to be the only ones who get the 5MT with the FB20.

My only envy about the rest of the world's 5MT is that it's a dual-range! Not the best dual-range but it certainly would help quite a lot for those XV owners who go off-roading.